Trucks driving through Water

MoeMyGod

You know those trucks/range rovers that are always seen in videos driving through a really deep puddle (deep enough to fit half the car)? how does that not ever mess up their engine components? Like wouldnt an alternator die if it got alot of water on it? and if the air intake system sucked in water wouldnt that blow the bottom of the engine out when it tries to compress?

like are these cars just made to take shit like this lol

Yes, they are designed for stuff like that. Their exhausts are higher up to avoid flooding, the doors seal better, the air intakes are against the bottom of the hood or even higher. It may seem like a far fetched concept lol, but a car designed to drive through a couple feet of water, is designed to not stall out when it drives through a couple feet of water xD

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

You seen the trucks with the snorkelers?  That allows air to still get in.  Just one rule, don't stop applying gas; otherwise, the water will go up the tailpipe unless you have that up high too.  And, ensuring all the electronics are in water proof containers.

Still think it was super neat the dudes who did some custom work on jeep allowing them to fully submerge and drive it under water.  Though that snorkel was tall as hell.  Problem, all the mud clouding the water up not allowing the driver to see.

Though, this video is a ball of a little suzuki having some fun in water:

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU