Why do people not like Edzel?

Jimbles_Is_dead

i will state my opinion, i don't like him or hate him. he has more sarcastic and more teenage persona while Linus and luke can be fun but also can be serious when they need to be. Edzel reviews are less connected to the audience. Brandon hasn't done many reviews but when he does do one he is more genuine and interested in the subject.   

Eh, I don't like or dislike him. I simply don't have any opinion about Edzel.

If a video would benefit from his deeper understanding/knowledge on a particular subject, I'm all for him. Same with the others. While Luke and Linus are the "jack of all trades, master of none".

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Personally, I like him.  Hes up there with Luke and Linus IMO.  he seems like hes more on the gamery side of things, and definitely knows his peripherals KB/Mouse specifically very well.

Id like to see more content from him and brandon in the future.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

40 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Eh, I don't like or dislike him. I simply don't have any opinion about Edzel.

If a video would benefit from his deeper understanding/knowledge on a particular subject, I'm all for him. Same with the others. While Luke and Linus are the "jack of all trades, master of none".

"Jack of all trades, Master of none. But often times better better than a master of one." i somewhat like edzel, but am mostly indifferent since with electronics and computers it is one of the times that more focused is better, similar to you.

Nothing to see here, move along

Honestly, Luke is my favorite to listen to. He undoubtedly is the best host of a video for LMG. Then Linus, Brandon, Terran, Whale, Whale Poop, then there's Edsel.

Lol, I am not being serious... Anyone get the reference though?

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

I like him more than Luke, Luke's hand movements and vocabulary and just general presence always bother me and I almost never finish his videos. Not sure why fans always hate on the new guy, they love to comment "he's so nervous or bad on camer!!11" when I have no idea what they mean because he's doing as good as Luke

why should you dislike him? i think his videos are good.

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

In this most recent video, I think I pin pointed what I dislike about Edzel here...

when we had cut-aways to dash cam footage or B-roll of products and Edzel is nowhere to be found.... then the video is tolerable. but once we have to see him in his timid, fidgety fashion with that goofy, shy, forced, half smile thing he has going on.... and throw in his attire choices?.. just rubs me all the wrong ways. Probably a fun guy to hang out with and probably wouldn't bother me in a casual environment... but I really don't need to see him telling me about products. Its just irritating.

I haven't watched latest video. But in general some people just don't feel like they belong in front of camera. I think Taran as host for few overviews doesn't work, nor does Dennis. But Brandon definitely works. Linus himself is in between. If he wouldn't have the goofyness attached, it wouldn't be as good to watch.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

He mumbles. As a host, that's the biggest mistake you can make.

Go to all of your favorite youtubers. Listen to them. The very large majority of them speak very clearly and enunciate their words. 

It reminds me of a shy high schooler trying way too hard not to be shy while giving a talk in front of the class. It comes across as awkward and not fun to watch. 

Take a step back, speak more slowly with purpose, and stop trying so hard! You're not linus, you don't have to emulate him or his humor. 

16 hours ago, Jetfighter808 said:

This video effectively

Yes, this. This video was so cringy. I felt like I was watching NCIX tech tips. Worse than that, actually.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

15 hours ago, Orangeator said:

Honestly, Luke is my favorite to listen to. He undoubtedly is the best host of a video for LMG. Then Linus, Brandon, Terran, Whale, Whale Poop, then there's Edsel.

Lol, I am not being serious... Anyone get the reference though?

For what is worth I do think Luke has the most professional touch out of everyone, aside from his usually badly made beard, so much for being sponsored by Dollar Shave

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Here's my story and I'm sticking to it:

I like LTT and Edzel is a part of LTT, therefore I like Edzel.

The End

1 minute ago, chrisholland03 said:

Here's my story and I'm sticking to it:

I like LTT and Edzel is a part of LTT, therefore I like Edzel.

The End

I quite like him, seems cool. Squeaky, though.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

It's because he's of Asian decent. Or it could just be his voice... It is rather cringeworthy.

i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz |:| Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H |:| Noctua NH-D14 |:| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti XE |:| G.Skill 8GB 1600 |:| Samsung EVO 250GB |:| WD Caviar Blue 1TB |:| XFX 750W BE |:| Corsair 450D |:|
ASUS PG348Q |:| Moon Neo 230HAD Dac/Amp |:| Sennheiser HD 800 |:| Logitech G900 |:| Ducky Premier (MX-Reds)

18 minutes ago, Lt.Speirs said:

It's because he's of Asian decent. Or it could just be his voice... It is rather cringeworthy.

But everybody loves Dennis

I like him because he realized Turnip is an awful dead meme and should stop being used.

I make bad life decisions.

Because every time I see him in video I have to lower brightness on my monitor /jk.

I don't mind him. However he isn't as natural in front of camera so maybe that's what people dislike? The way he talks is not as if he was reading script but it doesn't sound genuine either.

• 9 months later...

The most annoying thing about him (THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION) is his VOICE, it always sounds like he's kinda laughing and it's so high pitched...

and one of the other things (i know this is strange but this is my opinion...) I ALWAYS see him with earphones on, I find that irritating, not only when Edzel does it, i mean in general. I find it disrispectful that while i'm talking to someone that person is wearing his earphones. It's like while you talk to someone they start to look at their phones.. da fuq?