Noise & performance: CM Seidon 240p or NH-D15?

Go to solution Solved by 8-Bit Ninja,
1 minute ago, vMarcelino said:

Hello everyone,

I'm building a new PC and got stuck between a Noctua NH-D15 and a Cooler Master Seidon 240p.

My question is: Which CPU cooler is the best in terms of performance and which is the noisiest?

I'm not sure which one to buy as both, CM and Noctua, claims their fans with l.n.a. are 19db loud. Keep in mind that I pretend to overclock my 7700k.

Thanks in advance. (My first topic)

The CM cooler will be better in terms of performance, but the pumps on those AIO's have been known to be quite noisy after a while. Further more a water cooler introduces more points of failure into your system and can also cause a lot more damage. Personally i would get the NH-D15. should be able to hit 4.7ghz no problem. 

Hello everyone,

I'm building a new PC and got stuck between a Noctua NH-D15 and a Cooler Master Seidon 240p.

My question is: Which CPU cooler is the best in terms of performance and which is the noisiest?

I'm not sure which one to buy as both, CM and Noctua, claims their fans with l.n.a. are 19db loud. Keep in mind that I pretend to overclock my 7700k.

1 minute ago, vMarcelino said:

Hello everyone,

The CM cooler will be better in terms of performance, but the pumps on those AIO's have been known to be quite noisy after a while. Further more a water cooler introduces more points of failure into your system and can also cause a lot more damage. Personally i would get the NH-D15. should be able to hit 4.7ghz no problem. 

CPU_OC_typical_a.gif

CPU_OC_typical_b.gif

And for noise

fan_noise100.gif

Beating the crap out of other coolers

6 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Liquid cooler are usually loud. If you want silent, get Dark Rock Pro 3

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Liquid cooler are usually loud. If you want silent, get Dark Rock Pro 3

my h100i v2 isn't that loud 

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

my h100i v2 isn't that loud 

all though looking at that graph i'm clearly going deaf 

If the Seidon 240P is anything like the 240M, the NH-D15 would perform similarly and be much quieter.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.