best language to start with

sribeast21

Navi

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Visual Basic onto C++ onto any language of your choice; visual basic is the perfect background for C++ and C++ being derived from C is perfect as C is pretty much the mother of all languages as Latin is to real langauges.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

QuickBASIC

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

No experence whatsoever scratch

See idea on how stuff works python

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I started with C++ but wouldn't recommend it. I would suggest starting with C# or Java, they have great debugging tools and you will make much more progress.

With C++ you will also have to deal with a lot of compiler stuff and including libraries can be a real pain in the ass...

Another good thing about Java/C# is that the syntax is similar to C++ so if you someday need to switch that would probably make it easier.

I see many people that start programming because they want to make games and think they need to learn C++ because of the performance advantage, that's BS. Making Games in Java is so fun! And easy(compared to C++) and it will take a newbie years to even have the skills to use any of the advantages C++ has over Java. And you could very easily switch to Android and make cool mobile stuff.

C++ is awesome, i like C++ but don't start with it :)

Python might be a good idea too, i don't know the quality of the tools that are available and i find its syntax kinda weird.

I suggest python the syntax is the easiest to lean for a beginner imho.

I would dive right into Java... Gonna be hard for you at first, but once you learn the basics it'll get easier, and then you'll be really happy in the long run that you learned a very powerful language first

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB

Theres not really a best answer to this question. Most popular languages will work, IMO the main thing when starting out is to learn and really understand the underlying concepts (functions, OOP, data structures, etc) because once you learn those concepts picking up a new language will be pretty easy. So just pick one, I would suggest going with one that will allow you to work on projects that interest you. For example interested in android programming? Start with java. Desktop/console games? C++ would probably be your best bet as its used in a lot of games/gaming frameworks due to performance. 

Theres not really a best answer to this question. Most popular languages will work, IMO the main thing when starting out is to learn and really understand the underlying concepts (functions, OOP, data structures, etc) because once you learn those concepts picking up a new language will be pretty easy. So just pick one, I would suggest going with one that will allow you to work on projects that interest you. For example interested in android programming? Start with java. Desktop/console games? C++ would probably be your best bet as its used in a lot of games/gaming frameworks due to performance. 

Unen is right and gave the best answer imho, learn all the concepts for your language of choice and then understand how that language is ran and why its done that way.  Once your comfortable with the language syntax and api / library break your problems down to step by step and work towards the goal. Programming is like lego good luck