9C, 99, A2???

LordPugIII

Hey guys,

I've recently had a few issues, well I say issues, they haven't caused any yet touchwood. Basically when I boot up I get 3 black screens with codes 99, 9C, and A2 in the bottom right hand corner. All that seems to be affected is how long it takes to boot up. Other than that, I've noticed no other issues.

Are these codes means for something serious? And would there be any way to resolve them, I mean, they aren't causing me any issues so is it ok to leave them?

Thanks in advance all,

LordPugIII.

Processor: i5-4690k @ 3.5GHz. Mobo: MSI Z97 Krait Edition. RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB @ 1866MHz Dual - Channel. Storage: WD 1TB HDD. 850 EVO 250GB. Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB. GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DirectCU II 4GB GDDR5. PSU: EVGA Supernova 550 G2. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. Monitor: BENQ GW2270H Full HD 21.5". OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/rhnhRB

Those are post codes, it shows what the motherboard is doing.

The codes are explained in the motherboard manual.

If the system hangs at a specific code, you can figure what it was doing when it froze up and that makes it easier to diagnose.

As long as the system works fine and it cycles through them without freezing up, don't worry it's normal :)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, LordPugIII said:

Hey guys,

I've recently had a few issues, well I say issues, they haven't caused any yet touchwood. Basically when I boot up I get 3 black screens with codes 99, 9C, and A2 in the bottom right hand corner. All that seems to be affected is how long it takes to boot up. Other than that, I've noticed no other issues.

Are these codes means for something serious? And would there be any way to resolve them, I mean, they aren't causing me any issues so is it ok to leave them?

Thanks in advance all,

LordPugIII.

well, what motherboard fo you have, they sound like asus Q codes for debug reasons.

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Those are post codes, it shows what the motherboard is doing.

The codes are explained in the motherboard manual.

If the system hangs at a specific code, you can figure what it was doing when it froze up and that makes it easier to diagnose.

As long as the system works fine and it cycles through them without freezing up, don't worry it's normal :)

Yo dude thanks man.

It doesn't hang there, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds to change each. Everything seems to be working fine, I just didn't know if it was anything serious.

Thanks tho dude! :)

Processor: i5-4690k @ 3.5GHz. Mobo: MSI Z97 Krait Edition. RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB @ 1866MHz Dual - Channel. Storage: WD 1TB HDD. 850 EVO 250GB. Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB. GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DirectCU II 4GB GDDR5. PSU: EVGA Supernova 550 G2. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. Monitor: BENQ GW2270H Full HD 21.5". OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

well, what motherboard fo you have, they sound like asus Q codes for debug reasons.

MSI Z97S Krait Edition w/ 16GB RAM and a i5 4690k processor running at stock speed of 3.5 GHz.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, LordPugIII said:

Yo dude thanks man.

It doesn't hang there, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds to change each. Everything seems to be working fine, I just didn't know if it was anything serious.

Thanks tho dude! :)

Yeah that's perfectly normal, no worries it's all good.

If you are wondering what they mean the manual explains them :)

If you have any other questions just ask :3

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Yeah that's perfectly normal, no worries it's all good.

If you are wondering what they mean the manual explains them :)

If you have any other questions just ask :3

I appreciate the helo. I sure will. I'm only 16 and am new to PC building, having only built 3 including my own so any little thing that seems out of place I get a little worried yano.

I'll check the manual tomorrow. 

Cheers. Have a good evening/night/afternoon.