Should I Overclock Higher?

I recently got Intel i5 6600k and oc'd it. I was hitting 4.8 ghz with 1.245 v and a H100i V2. I was just wondering if it would be safe to overclock it even more?

ooooooh that's nice. 

Definitely push further, 5GHz would be very cool. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 minutes ago, TuckingFypo said:

I recently got Intel i5 6600k and oc'd it. I was hitting 4.8 ghz with 1.245 v and a H100i V2. I was just wondering if it would be safe to overclock it even more?

Are you sure that overclock is stable?

1 minute ago, Morgan Everett said:

Are you sure that overclock is stable?

I've been using the Prime95 stress test for around 2 hours now and the highest temperature out of all four of the cores was 50 C

1.245v for 4.8ghz?  What stress tests have you run?

Fractal Design Define C | Intel Core i7 7700k | Corsair H100i V2 | Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 | Seasonic Prime 750 | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
16gb G.Skill Trident Z | Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 500gb | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Razer Death Adder Chroma | Razer Firefly | Dell U2515H

1 minute ago, TuckingFypo said:

I've been using the Prime95 stress test for around 2 hours now and the highest temperature out of all four of the cores was 50 C

Lucky! :)

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

2 minutes ago, TuckingFypo said:

If so, then you've hit the lottery.  Can you post a screenshot for everyone to admire?

Fractal Design Define C | Intel Core i7 7700k | Corsair H100i V2 | Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 | Seasonic Prime 750 | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
16gb G.Skill Trident Z | Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 500gb | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Razer Death Adder Chroma | Razer Firefly | Dell U2515H

yea go for a higher score just to see where you can get. you might find your highest score will not give you better performance in games

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_