Should I get back into The Walking Dead?

Shockwave1000001

Hi all,

Me and my dad started to watch The Walking Dead not long a ago. We both enjoyed season 1 or somewhat liked it, plus the theme of a zombie apocalypse. 

But for season 2 it took different approach. Before I start, let me say this. When I watch movie genres such as Sci-fi, fantasy also fiction, I'm open minded to whatever the movie has to throw at me, but what it comes down to non-fiction or somewhere along those lines I can get bit cringy or let's say, why do A when B was far easier as well as safer. Obviously in some points of this tv show it has to make decisions to drive the group into that direction by making plot / story. Fair enough.

Anyway start of Season 2 was fine. If we skip a bit to the point where they're all temporally staying at the farm I'll point out the things that I liked and bugged me the most throughout to episode 15.

In no particular order:

1.Jeffrey DeMunn - He's one annoying f***er that has to be nosy in someone business or be a control freak when it came down to the guns at the farm and Andrea. Also taking Andrea gun was nonsense. Why take her gun when she needed it the most, and not him. I believe maybe he thought she wasn't safe with a gun or that she could've been suicidal as she wanted to die at that building with ticking bomb idk.

2. Rick Grimes (aka softie) - Nice guy that would go far to find his family, and protect those he loved or cared for. As a leader he's useless in my opinion. I cannot remember how many times he said "It's my fault" when clearly it was one of the survivors fault as they took the actions into their own hands. If possible let's remember the episode where their were 3 dudes outside looking for their 2 friends. For whatever reason damn Rick has to shout at them to reason with them whilst giving away his position. Why on earth would you do that?

3. Shane Walsh - My favorite character so far. He's bit evil within, but he'll do whatever it takes to get the point across and secure safety for his fellow group members. The scene where he kill those zombies / walkers in the barn was necessary. If it wasn't for him the whole group would spent countless days looking for a girl. Yet some look at him as the bad guy. I find this character to be a key part in surviving. Of course some of his decisions aren't the best but who's to blame when things aren't going according to plan? I like him cuz he steps in when things are going down hill.

4. Lori Grimes - She's alright. I feel as if she hasn't really said anything that would make things interesting apart from the fact she's pregnant. Knowing that made me think she was special from other survivors.

The scene where she gets into the car to look for her husband and those two guys had me wonder why she would go through all that when those guys are safe. Rick, Glen and Herrshal all had guns. Grown ass men who I believe can handle things themselves, but no. Lori wants to help then fast-forward a bit we see her in car accident. No surprise there.

5. The Farm - I read a comment that said the reason being they were on the farm for so long is cuz they didn't have enough money to go out. Whether or not if this true, idk. Regardless if being in same place they could've made things interesting on the farm. Sadly it wasn't.

The reasons of these 5 didn't make me quit TWD. It was the foolishness decisions made that built up in me to say Enough is enough.

So to sum it up..

Poor decisions + obvious mistakes = bad story

EDIT

I don't mind they some survivors have to make bad mistakes. That's ok but not all the time.

Hershel was such a badass </3

Looks like you've got time on your hands, enough to write that meaty post. I would recommend catching up with it though. Season 7 is pretty much death, death, death.

Hah. Well I was posting this whilst waiting in a game of Overwatch so yeah...could say.

So is season 7 like Game of Thrones or something?  Like you know someone going to die.

It what we thought along the way through season 2. Such a shame that it had to play out like this.

I guess I'll keep on looking for something else. Can't wait for Game Of Thrones or The Man In The High Castle to come.