New Monitor Suggestions!?!

Blacklist85

Hey All,

I am new here to the forum but I am always watching Linus Video's online for reviews and the like.

I think perhaps this is what did me in I watched too many videos and now I can't decide on anything because I have too many options. Figured let's throw it out there to you guys who may own monitors and do what I do and can suggest something for my best experience!

So Here it is, I need x2 Monitors one for me and one for the wife. (Budget $500 per monitor)

The computers we just built are identical in specs;

i5 6600K SkyLake

Asus 1060 6GB Dual

16GB Ballistix Memory

Samsung Evo 850

WORLD OF WARCRAFT GAMING + FUTURE MMO's Usage ONLY!

We are currently trying out the 29" 21:9 LG Ultrawide 68-P, while my wife loves her's I just think switching from Asus 24" 16:9 I miss the height of the monitor. While I love the width I feel like I would want width and height. 

I do like how I have more room for my addons with the ultrawide but I am unsure if I would have more room from a 27 or 29 inch 16:9 running 2560 or 3440?

I thank anyone and all of you who put your 2 cents in for a suggestion or response. I know people's time online is valuable and I appreciate any and all help given!

Thanks

~Chris

I just bought the Asus 27" IPS 2k and its an amazing monitor. If you get it without Gsync which it sounds like you won't need,  it's a lot cheaper. I'd suggest it. 

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

3 minutes ago, Blacklist85 said:

Hey thanks for the response Vigilante505!

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PB278Q-2560x1440-DisplayPort-Monitor/dp/B01EN3Z7QQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484774128&sr=8-1&keywords=Asus%2B27"%2BIPS%2B2k&th=1

Is this the model you are suggesting? Do you happen to play WoW or MMO's?

~Chris

I believe so. Ive had 3 Asus monitors and although their quality control isn't the greatest when they're as intended they're awesome quality. I play games from Witcher, Tomb Raider to Rocket League and Overwatch. Monitor is vibrant bright and everything I wanted. My second monitor in my signature is a fantastic monitor too but I think you said 24" was too small. 

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

Asus 24 I have has been very good to me, I just feel like my main TV i have is 75 inches, my Projector screen is 120" 

I just feel it's time to update my Monitors to the next thing. I just not sure if its a Ultrawide 29 or 34 or maybe its a 27-29-32 16:9

I guess I am targeting WoW and MMO's because they play a lot different I BELIEVE then FPS and other Titles.

Hope this makes sense. 500-1000 is a lot to spend on something that is an OOPS purchase so i figured asking online would be smart.

~Chris

No suggestions on this topic at all? Hundreds of monitors to pick from, thousands of Linus Forum users and no recommendations on this?

Me = Shocked !!!!

Come on guys!

~Chris