delete post

JoshOfficial
10 minutes ago, JoshOfficial said:

~SNIP~

you checked everything is plugged in correctly?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

1 minute ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

you checked everything is plugged in correctly?

I have yeah :/ multiply times..

2 minutes ago, grayblizzard said:

maybe your cpu is overheating and shutting itself off?

That could explain it I suppose but its not like its under load and it does have a decent cooler on it. I could look into this though

It may behoove you to do a fresh application of thermal compound and re-secure the water block to the CPU.

Based on your symptoms my first guess would be the PSU as well given i had a similar issue when trying to play games everything would die. 

How long ago did you buy your PSU? if it is recent you can probably contact corsair and get  a replacement sent out.  They supposedly have really good customer service, but i've not yet had to test that. 

Also If you can get into your bios any check to see if there is anything in there to automatically shut down if it doesn't detect a CPU fan.  I seem to recall that being a default setting on some boards.  

Believe it or not but I've had it since October 2015 and hadn't used it up until now. However, they do offer a '10 year warranty' for my specific psu, so I've sent them and email and hopefully I'll be able to get a RMA number from them to get a replacement but still unsure at the moment. I am going to redo the cpu cooling situation, sounds like a good idea. 

Right now I'm really not able to stay on the bios long as it does shut off but I can give that a go, possibly after I get a fresh psu though..