nintendo switch framerate

kakhat

should i pre order it i really like its portability and features but fps worries me

got used to gaming 60fps on desktop and now  i hate to even look at my old PlayStation when my brother playes it

Zelda BOTW runs at 30fps. but Nintendo claims they want most games to run at 60fps. for example Splatoon 2 and Arms run at 60fps. but i still expect some strange frame pacing or drop issues, as with the norm of console gaming

Its up to you to decide but I find it very unlikely Switch will pull 60 in every game.

Now whether you can preorder one is different matter, good luck finding one anywhere.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, TheBestUserName said:

Troll.  

boi, i will feed you to the lions. do not spread lies. eh eh.

FX 8350, Crosshair formula z, GTX 980Ti (reference), Enthoo Lux, XFX 750w PSU, 16GB Hyper x Fury, 120Gb SSD, 1TB HDD Samsung drive, 1TB WD Black

4 minutes ago, TheBestUserName said:

Troll.  

listen here I'm the captain now boi!

FX 8350, Crosshair formula z, GTX 980Ti (reference), Enthoo Lux, XFX 750w PSU, 16GB Hyper x Fury, 120Gb SSD, 1TB HDD Samsung drive, 1TB WD Black

15 minutes ago, LosthawkX said:

console peasant

Rocking an 8350 and calling other people peasants.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

boi, that is lies I run an intel celeron in my main rig. It is water cooled, over clocked to 10 Ghz. So you are wrong, So I'm the captain now 

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM

2 minutes ago, LosthawkX said:

boi, that is lies I run an intel celeron in my main rig. It is water cooled, over clocked to 10 Ghz. So you are wrong, So I'm the captain now 

I'm pretty sure that you can't overclock a celeron, or any processor for that matter, to 10 gigahertz

also, intel celeron lol

23 minutes ago, LosthawkX said:

console peasant

if you called me a peasant just check my specks 

not a peasant 

with my rig i would say noble 

without too much money

1 minute ago, ramencupofjoy said:

I'm pretty sure that you can't overclock a celeron, or any processor for that matter, to 10 gigahertz

also, intel celeron lol

here is my photographic evidence 

270678-celery.jpg

1 minute ago, kakhat said:

if you called me a peasant just check my specks 

not a peasant 

with my rig i would say noble 

without too much money

still a peasant tho, you want a switch 

omg nvm you're a baller

i know right rolling in the dosh 

1 minute ago, LosthawkX said:

i know right rolling in the dosh 

actually it's overclocked to 11 gigahertz!!! there's 11 slices

1 minute ago, LosthawkX said:

i want switch if can do 60fps 

you can tell it's overclocked to 10 gigaherts because there's 10 slices :o

if you count carefully its 11 must boost to 11Ghz, Hidden potential 

1 minute ago, kakhat said:

thats what ps4 display not good enough for my elite pc eyes 

4 minutes ago, kakhat said:

Honestly, theres nothing wrong with that. Sure pc's are obviously the superior platform, but you can never get an experience quite like a nintendo console. The feeling of finally beating your brother in mariokart, the feeling of finally unlocking that character is super smash bros, and the feeling of finding out the princess is in another castle in super mario. Theres nothing wrong with owning both

1 hour ago, LosthawkX said:

When you're not living in your parents' basement and receiving a monthly allowance then some one might care about your opinions. 

...sigh... ... children....

10 hours ago, kakhat said:

Well it runs 30 fps on the only game that matters on the system, so there's that. And if Zelda can only run at 30 no way Super Mario Odyssey is running at 60 fps since that looks more intense graphically. Maybe you'll get 60 fps on 1-2 Switch.

The guys at digital foundry did a little bit about the performance of games on the system. Their conclusion was that every game except three were hitting 60fps and were pretty stable. The three that weren't were Zelda, Bomberman and Skylanders. And frankly I think Zelda running at a stable 30fps is pretty fine, the other two? Not so much. Those games should be running at 60fps

Really it comes down to the developer. I think it's pretty clear that Nintendo will sacrifice some other visual features in order to get 60fps. Other developers might not. Which is the case with any other system really, it comes down to the game developer. But still if you're buying the Swtich you're buying it for Nintendo's games. Mario Kart runs at 1080p/60fps, Splatoon runs at 1080p/60fps. Both do 720p/60fps when undocked. A game as big as Zelda drops down to 900p/30fps and 720p/30fps. And for what is effectively a tablet device? That's not too bad at all.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing