Blank screen

Muzzy2002

So my PC was randomly shutting down and I found out the 24pin wasn't plugged fully in so I did that and now my PC will start up and everything but have nothing on the screen the monitor doesn't even react to it like usual. I have already tried resetting CMOS integrated and gpu graphics i also swapped around the ram and made sure that's not the issue which it isn't I'm certain it's not the processor as the system stays on and such and the temps were fine when I had it on so I think im only left with the psu and the mobo so would you guys say it's the power supply which is faulty or the motherboard but the motherboard lights up and my cpu fan is working so I'm guessing psu what do you guys think any help appreciated thanks.

If you've verified the GPU is fine and you've reset CMOS I'd normally blame the CPU and say it's dead but the system was working a short while ago just that it was randomly shutting down. To note the CPU doesn't necessarily have to be working for the system to power on. When I say power on I don't mean working but it may turn everything on just it won't do anything beyond turning on (black screen, no input). I'd swamp out the PSU for another. If that doesn't work then the motherboard might have been damaged in some way. Unlikely from a not fully seated 24-pin connector but perhaps inconsistent power. What PSU is it? Manufacturer? If it's dodgy I'd replace it regardless.

2 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

If you've verified the GPU is fine and you've reset CMOS I'd normally blame the CPU and say it's dead but the system was working a short while ago just that it was randomly shutting down. To note the CPU doesn't necessarily have to be working for the system to power on. When I say power on I don't mean working but it may turn everything on just it won't do anything beyond turning on (black screen, no input). I'd swamp out the PSU for another. If that doesn't work then the motherboard might have been damaged in some way. Unlikely from a not fully seated 24-pin connector but perhaps inconsistent power. What PSU is it? Manufacturer? If it's dodgy I'd replace it regardless.

Evga 650w g2 people are saying it's not the flu as everything was fine with it for quite so,e time as in the temps and such the temps were amazing compared to what my old build was

3 hours ago, Muzzy2002 said:

Evga 650w g2 people are saying it's not the flu as everything was fine with it for quite so,e time as in the temps and such the temps were amazing compared to what my old build was

EVGA makes good power supplies so it's probably fine. The only thing not verified then is the motherboard itself. Were you in any way rough when inserting the 24-pin all the way in? I wonder if a solder connection failed.

13 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

EVGA makes good power supplies so it's probably fine. The only thing not verified then is the motherboard itself. Were you in any way rough when inserting the 24-pin all the way in? I wonder if a solder connection failed.

Everyone i have talked to and i have talked to over 20 people say that the power supply is what it basically most likely is there were no issues with cpu so there's no reason to be the motherboard still lights up and would usually if damaged in hat are just shutdown and not even turn on so everyone says the psu as i have had issues before with it 

53 minutes ago, Muzzy2002 said:

Everyone i have talked to and i have talked to over 20 people say that the power supply is what it basically most likely is there were no issues with cpu so there's no reason to be the motherboard still lights up and would usually if damaged in hat are just shutdown and not even turn on so everyone says the psu as i have had issues before with it 

If you've had prior issues with the PSU then it may be to blame. But part of what you said is a misconception. A motherboard can be damaged but still power on. It won't boot to windows or even POST but it'll sit in a powered on state and do nothing. It all depends on what small trace has broken or what chip malfunctioned on the board.

14 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

I had to push with a decent amount of force due to it not being fully in its in now and just wont show anything on screen but everything in the pc looks normal

1 hour ago, Muzzy2002 said:

I had to push with a decent amount of force due to it not being fully in its in now and just wont show anything on screen but everything in the pc looks normal

Did you remove the 24-pin and try plugging it in again?

Oh no can you Explain why this would help as i have taken it out And is Ready to be shipped for a replacemt tommorow

42 minutes ago, Muzzy2002 said:

It's worth trying. Possible in the process of fully inserting the connector actually worsened the connection. Unplugging it and plugging it back in is one of the first troubleshooting steps when something like this stops working.

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

It's worth trying. Possible in the process of fully inserting the connector actually worsened the connection. Unplugging it and plugging it back in is one of the first troubleshooting steps when something like this stops working.

5 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Wait so does that mean i don't plug it in all the way or do i still plug it in all the way again

3 minutes ago, Muzzy2002 said:

Wait so does that mean i don't plug it in all the way or do i still plug it in all the way again

You would plug it all the way in again. It's referred to as reseating a connector. If that doesn't solve the problem then I guess the PSU has gone faulty.

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

You would plug it all the way in again. It's referred to as reseating a connector. If that doesn't solve the problem then I guess the PSU has gone faulty.

Yeah it didn't so now I'm gonna have to wait till Monday at the least