Thinking of buying then modding the EK-KIT S240

atavax

I'm trying to get the best cpu cooling for no more than $300 and i don't have room for anything larger than a 240mm radiator. I was thinking about getting the EK-kit S240 and then replacing the standard radiator with the XE variant (if i have enough room, yet to measure). 4 main questions 1. How can i be sure that there is a place to mount the pump/resevoir in my case? 2. If I buy the kit and get a different radiator, is this going to make things significantly more complicated for installation? is everything preassembled? am i going to need to buy more fittings or tubes? 3. Is there a more money efficient way to get a similar result? Should I just wait for either the MLC series AIO to come out or the XLC version to be in stock? 4. What is maintenance going to be like? Do i have to replace the fittings every couple years? Are the fittings in some AIOs permanent and while others built for custom loops less permanent and more prone to eventually leaking?

6 minutes ago, atavax said:

I'm trying to get the best cpu cooling for no more than $300. I was thinking about getting the EK-kit S240 and then replacing the standard radiator with the XE variant (if i have enough room, yet to measure). 3 main questions 1. How can i be sure that there is a place to mount the pump/resevoir in my case? 2. If I buy the kit and get a different radiator, is this going to make things significantly more complicated for installation? is everything preassembled? am i going to need to buy more fittings or tubes? 3. Is there a more money efficient way to get a similar result? Should I just wait for either the MLC series AIO to come out or the XLC version to be in stock?

It will not make a huge difference going from a thinner rad to a thicker one but instead if you can a longer rad would be a better option. I would suggest to start with he P360 kit it has a thicker rad if you would like but also the better D5 pump. Everything in the kit comes in parts, you will need to cut the tubing to length and install the blocks and fittings. 

yeah, i ninja edited the OP to clarify, don't have room for a larger rad than 240mm. And the P series is getting kind of expensive. Maybe, i'm probably waiting for Zen, and will probably depend on how much money i have and how much money i spend on other parts when i upgrade my pc.