4 pin pwm dilemma

tracktype

So I have a question involving my upgrade to a new case. I have got a pack of 3 Thermaltake Riings (140mm) with the included controller and also got an Arctic Liquid Freezer 360 to house in my not yet arrived Fractal Design Define S (windowed) . I planed to do a push-pull setup in the front and mount the 3 Riings in the top to exhaust, but today I have noticed that the Riings need a pwm signal to light up. So I have to connect both the Riings and the 6 fans from the aio to my single cpu/pwm fan header to make full use of them. But if i use a splitter for pwm this would not work properly because the fans got different max rpms (Riing: 400-1000 or 800-1500 and Aio fans: up to 1350). I really want to use the leds in the Riings but i don`t know how to realize all of that with only one pwm header. Or would it work ? please leave suggestions and ideas how to do this

Thank you

1 minute ago, tracktype said:

-SNIP-

The PWM setup will work as long as all the fans are PWM based, the PWM signal will provide a percentage 0-100% speed so the fans will follow accordingly to the range that they are capable of. Just note that if you plan to put all those fans on one header you will want to get a power splitter to not overload it. 

I would suggest doing either push or pull. In my experience the gains are minimal with push/pull and it would solve your issue with headers. 

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

The PWM setup will work as long as all the fans are PWM based, the PWM signal will provide a percentage 0-100% speed so the fans will follow accordingly to the range that they are capable of. Just note that if you plan to put all those fans on one header you will want to get a power splitter to not overload it. 

I think this will be fine considdering that the 6 aio fans are getting powered by a sata power adapter anyway.

4 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

I would suggest doing either push or pull. In my experience the gains are minimal with push/pull and it would solve your issue with headers. 

How does this solve my problem? The aio fans end in one single header because they get stacked onto each other.

10 minutes ago, tracktype said:

I think this will be fine considdering that the 6 aio fans are getting powered by a sata power adapter anyway.

You will be ok then the only thing that might happen is for the higher RPM fans if you run them too low they may have trouble starting and excess noise since at the equivalent percent it will  run at a higher RPM than the lower RPM fans. 

2 hours ago, tracktype said:

How does this solve my problem? The aio fans end in one single header because they get stacked onto each other.

Because you only use one set of fans in place of the AIO stock fans. Fuck me for trying to help,  right? 

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

On 18.1.2017 at 10:11 PM, Vigilante505 said:

Because you only use one set of fans in place of the AIO stock fans. Fuck me for trying to help,  right? 

Sorry if I did offend you. Didn't want to but I am just not seeing how this helps me.