Arris TG-1682G, Comcast, Asus Router and IPv6

Hello all,

I am having trouble getting IPv6 working with my current setup.

So I have a self-owned Arris TG-1682 with an Asus RT-AC5300. I recently returned a Linksys EA9500 with the same issue.

Basically my modem has three options under LAN settings: Routed with NAT, Routed without NAT, and BridgeMode.

If I set the modem in Routed with NAT, the next screen (LAN Settings IPv6) has everything pre-filled, like IPv6 address, etc ... My Asus router (in Native) picks up the IPv6 address but throws me an error the WAN IP is not external IP and my devices cannot access internet.

If I set modem in Bridge Mode, the LAN settings IPv6 screen is completely blank. The Asus router does NOT detect IPv6, no errors and devices connect to internet under IPv4.

I have tried having modem in Routed with NAT and set up router as an Access Point and IPv6 works on all devices but I lose the functions of the router (AiProtect, parental controls, etc ...). I have also connected directly to modem (RoutedwithNAT) and can successfully get an IPv6 address (tested).

I have tried the different IPv6 Types in the router, such as Native, Passthrough, etc ... but cannot get proper implementation of IPv6.

I called Comcast and they say it is Arris' problem. Arris says the issue is with Comcast. Asus says the issue is with Comcast, NOT Arris as the settings come from Comcast.

Help!

That modem has a router built in. Get one that is just a modem. That way it's not doing all the routing and confusing the other router. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

First of all the person at Comcast is a sales person they know jack shit about networking. Secondly from what I have read there are at least 3 options ISP's have to implement IPv6. Now if you go here: http://www.comcast6.net/index.php/ipv6-deployment-faq you will see they give instructions on how to set it up in the Tomato firmware. Although your not using tomato, the settings should still be the same. 

As others have said, you have a modem router combo. When you connect two routers together you get shitty results unless its setup properly. You either need to be sure that your current combo device is in bridge mode. OR you need to get a standard cable modem like the SB6141. If you choose to use the combo device as your router then you set the settings there. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Believe me, I would be more than happy to have a modem ONLY. Alas, I have this one as phone service is provided to me by Comcast.