ESET File Security slowing down save of files?

Hi everyone,

The only thing that has changed on the network is the installation of ESET File Security (antivirus/anti-malware) on their Windows Server 2011 machine. Now saving files to the server is taking an unacceptable amount of time. Do any of you recommend settings I should alter on ESET file security? I cannot even find how to simply disable the program to test if that changes things.

Thanks for help in advance.

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

Turn off the network and file system scanning options. For a server you really only want to do scheduled scans, you can leave the network scanning on but that feature often doesn't actually do anything other than slow things down.

These options should be left on for client computers.

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Turn off the network and file system scanning options. For a server you really only want to do scheduled scans, you can leave the network scanning on but that feature often doesn't actually do anything other than slow things down.

These options should be left on for client computers.

Yes, that's exactly what I did and speed picked up again. Thank you 

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC