[Solved] PC not booting after installing new RAM

Hi, so I need help on these.
1) I originally have a single stick of plain 8gb of DDR3 1600mhz CL11 RAM from Apacer (no fancy heatspreaders). I thought it would be cool if I add a 2x4gb kit of G.skill Ripjaws 1600mhz CL9 thinking it would be a nice upgrade but after installing them, there's no display upon powering up for at least 10 seconds, then my pc would just bootloop every 2 seconds. I took out the old RAM and it booted but says "Overclock failed. Press F1 to configure etc." Seems like they weren't gonna work together, and I'm stuck with 8gb. Am I screwed or is there anything I could do to make them work together eventhough they're gonna be at lower latencies. The kit is currently running on xmp profile no problems so far. I'm using stock BIOS for my mobo.

2) I just installed a new EVGA GTX 1060 3gb card and I found that everytime I sent my PC to sleep, it would just reboot itself upon wake up, as if windows crashed or I got a BSOD without being able to see it. Any Ideas how I could fix this? I put it to sleep a lot.

Some ideas of what I should do would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I got the RAM running. It was simply a matter of putting the RAM in the right slots. I got Asus to help me out and did a little bit of research and found the solution. Thanks for helping out!

my rig specs:
Processor: i5 4460

GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 3GB
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Motherboard: Asus H-81 Gamer
Storage: 1TB HDD and 256GB SSD
PSU: CoolerMaster Elite v2 500W 

Edited by Rez_Ryu
Issue has been resolved

29 minutes ago, Rez_Ryu said:

Hi, so I need help on these.
1) I originally have a single stick of plain 8gb of DDR3 1600mhz CL11 RAM from Apacer (no fancy heatspreaders). I thought it would be cool if I add a 2x4gb kit of G.skill Ripjaws 1600mhz CL9 thinking it would be a nice upgrade but after installing them, there's no display upon powering up for at least 10 seconds, then my pc would just bootloop every 2 seconds. I took out the old RAM and it booted but says "Overclock failed. Press F1 to configure etc." Seems like they weren't gonna work together, and I'm stuck with 8gb. Am I screwed or is there anything I could do to make them work together eventhough they're gonna be at lower latencies. The kit is currently running on xmp profile no problems so far. I'm using stock BIOS for my mobo.

2) I just installed a new EVGA GTX 1060 3gb card and I found that everytime I sent my PC to sleep, it would just reboot itself upon wake up, as if windows crashed or I got a BSOD without being able to see it. Any Ideas how I could fix this? I put it to sleep a lot.

Some ideas of what I should do would be much appreciated. Thanks.

my rig specs:
Processor: i5 4460

GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 3GB
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Motherboard: Asus H-81 Gaming Pro
Storage: 1TB HDD and 256GB SSD
PSU: CoolerMaster Elite v2 500W 

Maybe your psu doesn't support the haswell C-States C6/7 . You can check with the settings in your uefi to turn off c states and see if something will improve.

2 minutes ago, darkwizard06 said:

Maybe your psu doesn't support the haswell C-States C6/7 . You can check with the settings in your uefi to turn off c states and see if something will improve.

is that for the gpu or the RAM? I'll look into it later. Thanks :)

Is your RAM timings in your BIOS settings all on auto?

At a glance, it seems like your ram timings are incompatible.  I don't know if you adjusted it somehow in your BIOS settings in a way that could be causing a problem.

23 hours ago, darkwizard06 said:

That's for your 2nd question. :)

So the GPU problem fixed itself. Thanks anyways :)

22 hours ago, xentropa said:

Is your RAM timings in your BIOS settings all on auto?

At a glance, it seems like your ram timings are incompatible.  I don't know if you adjusted it somehow in your BIOS settings in a way that could be causing a problem.

I have tried restoring the settings to defaults and it still doesn't work. Could flashing the BIOS with a newer version work? Just checked, BIOS is already up to date. I've tried manually setting the timings to match the 8gb stick but to no avail.