Any thoughts on the Dell U2713H for gaming?

YoloSwag
Go to solution Solved by rhyseyness,
14 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

Amazing, I didn't know there's a site that does such extensive reviews.

This has enlightened me a bit but now I've got lots of things going in my head right now. The thing is, I'm planning to sell my VC239H to a friend to buy this Dell monitor. I can't really decide if it's a win or not. Any tips or suggestions?

Try the monitors out before you commit is my best advice.

If you can, go to a store and tell them you're intending to buy it and would like to test it before you do.

If they don't let you, then hopefully wherever you buy from has a decent returns policy, and you can try it for a month or so at home, and return it if you don't like it.

Hope this helps :)

Hi, I want to know if there are issues with the monitor, maybe like ghosting and bad color or something.

I've read some forums but most of these are old. The reason I'm asking is, some shop is selling this particular dell monitor for about $200 with 3 or 6 months warranty (depending on who you ask :P) second hand of course.

I'm gonna use this primarily for gaming when I get a GPU, and maybe some video editing after I get a GPU.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

uuugh, second hand.... My few experiences with refurbished products were never good. Then again, it's a lottery game so lets roll the dice!

I used the u2711 for gaming, they seem about the same. It'll be fine

Shipping sucks

4 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

uuugh, second hand.... My few experiences with refurbished products were never good. Then again, it's a lottery game so lets roll the dice!

$200 is an expensive lottery ticket for me. I'd like to know my chances first lol. But its a monitor so what could go wrong?

3 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

I used the u2711 for gaming, they seem about the same. It'll be fine

Does it have ghosting? My eyes can see even a slight hint of the effect when playing fast paced games on a lot of monitors and it ain't motion blur.

Also, how are your experiences with the monitor?

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

1 hour ago, YoloSwag said:

$200 is an expensive lottery ticket for me. I'd like to know my chances first lol. But its a monitor so what could go wrong?

Does it have ghosting? My eyes can see even a slight hint of the effect when playing fast paced games on a lot of monitors and it ain't motion blur.

Also, how are your experiences with the monitor?

I didn't notice any ghosting when playing "slow" games like dead space or fast games like cs:go

I loved the monitor, only downside was it was 60Hz only (not that much of a drag tbh im not a cs:go pro) and it got hot so no OC

Shipping sucks

1 hour ago, rhyseyness said:

I use the U2515H for gaming and it's excellent.

Although apparently the U2713H isn't quite as good:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2713h.htm

Thank me later ;)

This has enlightened me a bit but now I've got lots of things going in my head right now. The thing is, I'm planning to sell my VC239H to a friend to buy this Dell monitor. I can't really decide if it's a win or not. Any tips or suggestions?

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

I didn't notice any ghosting when playing "slow" games like dead space or fast games like cs:go

I loved the monitor, only downside was it was 60Hz only (not that much of a drag tbh im not a cs:go pro) and it got hot so no OC

Do images look crispy or are they slightly washed out when playing fast paced games?

This sort of thing happened to me on my old HP monitor, its nice for movies but not FPS games.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

1 hour ago, YoloSwag said:

Do images look crispy or are they slightly washed out when playing fast paced games?

This sort of thing happened to me on my old HP monitor, its nice for movies but not FPS games.

have no idea what you're talking about haha games look great to me

Shipping sucks

6 hours ago, GSTARR said:

have no idea what you're talking about haha games look great to me

Dang, it's really hard to explain things since pictures or video don't do these things any justice lol.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

14 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

If you can, go to a store and tell them you're intending to buy it and would like to test it before you do.

If they don't let you, then hopefully wherever you buy from has a decent returns policy, and you can try it for a month or so at home, and return it if you don't like it.

13 hours ago, Archeval said:

i wouldn't do it because it's been discontinued, i would go for the Dell UltraSharp U2715H 27-Inch as it's cheaper and is also 2560x1440 at 60Hz with the same color range

Yeah but thing is I don't have $450. I only got $200, and even $100 of that I will get when I sell my current one.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

6 hours ago, rhyseyness said:

Thanks. I'll be sure to do so, maybe have them play some videos and check out some color calibration websites to check their colors.

There's only two of them in the store so I'm hoping that neither of them are bad.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler