#Bernie2020

#BernieCanStillWin

Bob The Builder for POTUS. 

#YesWeCan...ada

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

And it's really not the carrier's problem that you still hold on to a phone without 3G HSPA+, a TFT display with crappy viewing angles and poor color gamut, and a single focus 1080p camera that can't record video. Give it two to three years and 3G networks will but shutdown too. Maintaining an antiquated network is costing them way too much money. 

Dude whatever. You can literally upgrade the software to do what the new ones do. Apple just won't do it because of planned obsolescence. They want you to continually buy their new stuff.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Dude whatever. You can literally upgrade the software to do what the new ones do. Apple just won't do it because of planned obsolescence. They want you to continually buy their new stuff.

This wouldn't be a problem anymore if Google hadn't cancelled project ARA. I was so hyped for that, I don't know why they didn't finish it. 

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

2 minutes ago, Terodius said:

This wouldn't be a problem anymore if Google hadn't cancelled project ARA. I was so hyped for that, I don't know why they didn't finish it. 

The market/consumer probably isn't ready for something like that yet, just like Glass.

7 minutes ago, Terodius said:

I'd like to say it was the consumer population. We, here on LTT, may have liked the concept and some of us may have adopted it early on, but the general consensus may be wary of the phone thinking it's a hassle. 

I, for one, would have gotten it on launch since I love trying new technology/concepts.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

I'd like to say it was the consumer population. We, here on LTT, may have liked the concept and some of us may have adopted it early on, but the general consensus may be wary of the phone thinking it's a hassle. 

I, for one, would have gotten it on launch since I love trying new technology/concepts.

Yeah I'd consider myself an early adopter. Or at least I used to be when my economy allowed it, now not so much.

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

9 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

The market/consumer probably isn't ready for something like that yet, just like Glass.

I had a chance to try Glass and I did enjoy it aside from only having the crystal on the right side when I'm left eye dominant. If they could flatten the lens to fit most frames they could have it be inconspicuous while filling in the whole field of view. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

<snip>

Although I understand the significance of the Iphone first gen's usefulness but 2G has effectively become obsolete, especially since cellular networks are expecting 5G to come about sometime soon. Its called progress. Maintaining 5 different [6 if you count 4G and LTE separately] networks is a hassle and expensive. If dropping 2G and even 3G to reduce cost and help develop 4 or 5G networks I am all for it. 4G has been around long enough for the adoption to take place, people replace phones faster than I do my socks and I change them daily. :|  I for one am happy the T-Mobile will be dropping 2G in another year as they are supposed to be replacing 2G equipment with 4GLte thus vastly growing their 4GLte cover. :) 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

I can make more dank posts than this but it'll get reported and edited since people get ultra offended at literally anything.

This is better than the cesspool of rumours treated as 'news' if you ask me.

My only question is: do places that previously had 2G only access will now be "remote" and have no service at all?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

12 hours ago, Kloaked said:

Literally everyone I know (and I know a lot of people, believe me) still uses the first-gen iPhone! 

Is this sarcasm and I've missed it? 

59 minutes ago, Grinners said:

Is this sarcasm and I've missed it? 

Yes. Like 90% of everything I've said in this thread is sarcasm.

The ONLY reason I've upgraded smartphones over the years is they break. 

g3 still going strong for a while I hope. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I'm still rocking my two cans and a string.

4 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

My wife and i have a G3 as well, and I really don't feel any urge to upgrade. It's a great phone. 

That's great. 

I wish 2G would be shut down asap in europe.