Server issue, won't show public

Okai, so I wanted/need to set up a server.

I have done it before on the very same computer, it's a old computer that I don't relay use anymore.

but since I hosted a CS:GO server on it the last time I have moved and had to set it all up again.

the scenario is still the same tough, I had to portforward between to routers, no issue there done it before and did it again

when I use a portforward checker that I downloaded I finely got it working after some tinkering.

This time I decided to use the GUI based server setup thing, seems to be working just fine.

I start up the server, it tells me my public ip is 31.204.73.114

so to connect to my server the address should be 31.204.73.114:27015

27015 are the port that I am using.

how ever, it only shows in LAN on my community server browser with the static IP that I gave me server pc.

I'm relay frustrated as I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

It should work now as it did before, but it clearly does not.

also when I have your guys attention, I was thinking on buying a new procecor for the server pc.

the spec currently are:

athlon x2 250  @ 3.1GHz, I could't get more than 0.1 more out of it on that motherboard.

16GB ram,

and very unnecessarily I know, but two 500gb HDDs,

how ever, when I test play on the server it sometimes "lag's" slightly, and that is the times

when the processor usage peaks above 80 % witch tells me I might need a slightly better CPU,

would a Athlon quad core at 3.7 GHz be sufficient? 

I relay want to get the server up and running as fast as possible as I need it to the Telenor E-sport qualifier early next moth 

hope to get some help :) and I will try to provide more information upon request regarding the server issue.

best regards 

- Pål-Marius. S. Hansen

Make sure the port is forwarded on 27015 UDP. 

Make sure Windows Firewall is off or keep it on and make a rule. I'm a guy online, not a cop.

Generally any faster CPU CSGO will guzzle up. Just feed it as much as you can. 

idk

6 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Make sure the port is forwarded on 27015 UDP. 

Make sure Windows Firewall is off or keep it on and make a rule. I'm a guy online, not a cop.

Generally any faster CPU CSGO will guzzle up. Just feed it as much as you can. 

Yeah both 27015 UDP and 27015 TCP are open, I have even verified it to be sure with a port checker/software.

I completely turned off the windows firewall permanently.

I even disabled the anti virus.

okay, I'l see what I do, I might change the tick rate to 64 if 128 tick rate is not re queried for the qualifier. 

1 minute ago, propm said:

Yeah both 27015 UDP and 27015 TCP are open, I have even verified it to be sure with a port checker/software.

I completely turned of the windows firewall permanently.

I even disabled the anti virus.

okay, I'l see what I do, I might change the tick rate to 64 if 128 tick rate is not re queried for the qualifier. 

Try closing the TCP port and just leaving UDP open

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

okai, gonna try that soon. 

32 minutes ago, propm said:

Okai, so I wanted/need to set up a server.

I have done it before on the very same computer, it's a old computer that I don't relay use anymore.

but since I hosted a CS:GO server on it the last time I have moved and had to set it all up again.

the scenario is still the same tough, I had to portforward between to routers, no issue there done it before and did it again

when I use a portforward checker that I downloaded I finely got it working after some tinkering.

This time I decided to use the GUI based server setup thing, seems to be working just fine.

I start up the server, it tells me my public ip is 31.204.73.114

so to connect to my server the address should be 31.204.73.114:27015

27015 are the port that I am using.

how ever, it only shows in LAN on my community server browser with the static IP that I gave me server pc.

I'm relay frustrated as I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

It should work now as it did before, but it clearly does not.

also when I have your guys attention, I was thinking on buying a new procecor for the server pc.

the spec currently are:

athlon x2 250  @ 3.1GHz, I could't get more than 0.1 more out of it on that motherboard.

16GB ram,

and very unnecessarily I know, but two 500gb HDDs,

how ever, when I test play on the server it sometimes "lag's" slightly, and that is the times

when the processor usage peaks above 80 % witch tells me I might need a slightly better CPU,

would a Athlon quad core at 3.7 GHz be sufficient? 

I relay want to get the server up and running as fast as possible as I need it to the Telenor E-sport qualifier early next moth 

hope to get some help :) and I will try to provide more information upon request regarding the server issue.

best regards 

- Pål-Marius. S. Hansen

Thats perfectly normal, if your running the server from a local machine then Steam will show it as a local server.

To test if its working online open CSGO then open console and enter

connect 31.204.73.114:27015

and see if you connect to it or if the connection is refused.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

If this server is in your house, then I assume it is on the same router as your gaming pc?

I could be misunderstanding, but it appears that you are trying to connect to a local PC using its WAN IP.

I would avoid that, since that causes problems.  

Even if it shows up as a local computer, people outside your local network should still be able to connect to it normally.

1 minute ago, xentropa said:

If this server is in your house, then I assume it is on the same router as your gaming pc?

I could be misunderstanding, but it appears that you are trying to connect to a local PC using a WAN IP.

I would avoid that, since that causes problems.  Even if it shows up as a local computer, people outside your local network should still be able to connect to it normally.

I do have the server and gaming pc on the same router yes, but the guy I am renting this house with are connected to a different router, he can't see it on either local or public.

The first test I would suggest is to

1.) Make sure the firewall allows the CSGO server program to accept incoming connections.

2.) Enter the server ip into the DMZ option in your router settings.

If this works, then most likely you got a port forwarding problem.

19 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

did not help it seems.

32 minutes ago, xentropa said:

The first test I would suggest is to

1.) Make sure the firewall allows the CSGO server program to accept incoming connections.

2.) Enter the server ip into the DMZ option in your router settings.

If this works, then most likely you got a port forwarding problem.

I am not sure how I can change firewall settings on my huawei router, it's all grayed out and unchangeable.

last time I did this I ported Server PC > D-link router > zyxel router = worked!

and now its pretty much the same except a different network provider and a different end router, the zyxel are replaced by a Huawei HG8245H.

how ever, when I use a simple port forward tester I get a ping trough the ports that I have opened from a outside server.

so the port forwarding, well I think so, because I don't get a ping if I try ports that I did NOT open. I have trust issues so I had to make sure the software is legit :P 

but I guess I can ask my network provider to tell me how to change firewall setting or something, They might even have to do it?

DMZ are set from huawei router to the dlinks static ip and from dlink to server ip.

would not work to set the server ip directly on the huawei router I tried, then the portforwarding ping stopped receiving,.

12 minutes ago, xentropa said:

I meant windows firewall for option 1.

ahh, I disabled it completely.

I talk to my network provider today and apparently the huawei router we got from them where no good for portforwardig, so he made it a bridge instead and now it all works!

There was nothing wrong the first time, just a bad router for portforwardig.

I am so relived and happy that it now works and show publicly :D