How do i uninstall AutoDesk

So recently i had to install a program called AutoDesk Inventor on my laptop for a welding class at my school, however a 10Gb download latter i keep getting errors when i try to run it and eventually gave up and started using the potato's my school provides. problem now is i can't uninstall it for what seems like no reason leaving me with 10gb of unusable space on my laptop.

How do i uninstall this? and can it be done without installing anything from a 3rd party? I want everything from AutoDesk gone.

(Core i5 560 (2.7Ghz) and Kingston v300 120gb ssd so my hardware shouldn't be an issue here) 

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, rrubberr said:

NOTHING CAN BE DONE! AUTODESK NOW HAS FULL CONTROL AND HAS BECOME SENTIENT. That being said, uninstall the main ones and it usually takes some other stuff with it. Or open up add/remove programs and do it individually.

Trying that now! (Some of them seem to be working, others are completely unresponsive)

1 minute ago, Mug said:

You could try Revo Uninstaller.

I would but going at them one at a time and deleting the programs that work seems to be working fine now. I'll keep ya'll posted.

In my experience, you have to do them individually. It's a royal pain, but I'm not aware of wholly uninstalling them in one go.

Apparently there exists an uninstall tool that is part of some Autodesk software packages, but I've never had it installed on the software I've used. I've always had to do them one at a time.

1 minute ago, divito said:

In my experience, you have to do them individually. It's a royal pain, but I'm not aware of wholly uninstalling them in one go.

Apparently there exists an uninstall tool that is part of some Autodesk software packages, but I've never had it installed on the software I've used. I've always had to do them one at a time.

AutoDesk really needs to work on that, this is just annoying and intrusive... 

2 minutes ago, iannorton24 said:

AutoDesk really needs to work on that, this is just annoying and intrusive... 

Unfortunately, yes. Its been like that for ages. The reason they do this is because some packages and content is shared across various Autodesk products. Theoretically, it reduces the amount of space used if you install more than 1 Autodesk package if they have components in common.

7 minutes ago, iannorton24 said:

Trying that now! (Some of them seem to be working, others are completely unresponsive)

Like others have said, every single package has to be uninstalled manually by itself. After that, check here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/remove-products/clean-uninstall

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

2 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

Unfortunately, yes. Its been like that for ages. The reason they do this is because some packages and content is shared across various Autodesk products. Theoretically, it reduces the amount of space used if you install more than 1 Autodesk package if they have components in common.

Like others have said, every single package has to be uninstalled manually by itself. After that, check here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/remove-products/clean-uninstall

Don't they realize people have jobs that are application specific? if all i needed was Inventor for 3d modeling in a welding class why won't they make installing singular programs a default? 

Just now, iannorton24 said:

Don't they realize people have jobs that are application specific? if all i needed was Inventor for 3d modeling in a welding class why won't they make installing singular programs a default? 

Uninstalling this is like solving a rubix cube. 

Final fiew programs are completely unresponsive. still really don't want to install anything from a 3rd party tho.

jkjlkkjl.PNG

5 minutes ago, iannorton24 said:

Here's the thing: Autodesk isn't in the business model for 'single apps'. For people like me, we buy Suites. I for example have the 2015 suite for Infrastructure. Its a basically a large package of multiple products that are supposed to work hand in hand.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

1 minute ago, ionbasa said:

Here's the thing: Autodesk isn't in the business model for 'single apps'. For people like me, we buy Suites. I for example have the 2015 suite for Infrastructure. Its a basically a large package of multiple products that are supposed to work hand in hand.

But that shouldn't be the case if you setup an account as a student. 

2 minutes ago, iannorton24 said:

Final fiew programs are completely unresponsive. still really don't want to install anything from a 3rd party tho.

jkjlkkjl.PNG

Restart your PC and then try uninstalling again. Give it a few seconds to a minute. The installer and uninstaller is rather slow, even on SSD systems.

3 minutes ago, iannorton24 said:

But that shouldn't be the case if you setup an account as a student. 

You would think that, unfortunately, since individual Autodesk products rely on other components, it installs them as well. Autodesk products were designed this way from the ground up. So realistically, it more of a modular system. Each Autodesk product needs other smaller bits of software and data.