Any working ps3/xbox 360 emulators?

vordnaskelA

To prepare myself for the upcoming release of Red Dead Redemption 2 I wanted to refresh myself of the predecessor, only to remember that my xbox 360 has a red ring of death

I've Been trying to get various emulators to work and all of them are either locked behind a survey(which doesn't work) or the download site 404's.

Does anyone have a emulator that actually works or a site that I can download a working one from. Thank You for your help in advance :).

I suggest you look out for and watch emulation youtube channels.

Plenty of help to go through this way, with legit links and nothing but best intentions.

Simply Austin is a good choice.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb4RFFBZEztOW77onViqoDA

Check out his channel though, has way more content than just this video.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

2 hours ago, Technous285 said:

People are still having problems getting PS2 emulators working at times (GC/Wii is another PITA for emulation atm), so don't bet on PS3/X360 ones that aren't just malware-payloads (eg: those surveys and such) or email spam starters (again, surveys and such).

Huh? The Dolphin emulator for Wii and Gamecube is amazing. It's one of the best emulators I have ever used.

Technically Microsoft has an Xbox 360 emulator for the XBOne. I'm sure everyone's trying to datamine it on how it works because if they can get something that works better than the original system on hardware that's basically a potato as far as compute power goes, then that would really get a 360 emulator working for public use.

Anyway, there's probably not going to be a PS3 emulator for a long time simply because of how complicated the Cell processor is.

The emulators for XBox 360 and PS3 are unusable right now. They are called Xenia and RPCS3. Any 360 or PS3 emulator other than those two is a con.

If you want to play Red Dead Redemption without buying any hardware you can do it over PS Now streaming on your PC, but people I know who have used PS Now say it sucks. There actually is a very promising emulator for Wii U, called Cemu.

7 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Anyway, there's probably not going to be a PS3 emulator for a long time simply because of how complicated the Cell processor is.

This 100%. Sony never even tried to make a PS3 emulator for PS4 and just did a ton of remasters instead. Maybe we'll see a PS3 emulator on PS5. I doubt PS4 could handle it.

2 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

I suggest you look out for and watch emulation youtube channels.

Plenty of help to go through this way, with legit links and nothing but best intentions.

Simply Austin is a good choice.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb4RFFBZEztOW77onViqoDA

Check out his channel though, has way more content than just this video.

I love the Simply Austin channel. He goes into so much detail in how to set each emulator up.