Apple to increase prices in app store in some countries

HatchetEgg
1 minute ago, Prysin said:

25% increase not bad? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ARE YOU SMOKING?!

Woah chill. Yeah click the link, now apps will be 99p big deal?

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

I suspect that due to the currency falling what seems like ~ 1 year ago now, this is just getting the true cost of those apps back to where it was.  It's not a real increase... until now the price paid, while the same in number, was actually lower in terms of total value.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Also, while very brief, this post technically satisfies the posting requirements.  To all those too lazy to do it right, or think that it's too hard, take note :D 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Prysin said:

some apps. Apps have different prices, and as such some apps will be considerably more expensive.

what will be the new price for, let's say, chrono trigger? or any square enix ported game really

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

some apps. Apps have different prices, and as such some apps will be considerably more expensive.

I'd say most apps are either free or 99p.  Yes there are apps that are more expensive but who really spends more than 99p on an app (other than a game).

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

4 minutes ago, Prysin said:

don't be mad that they now cost the same that they did before the currency value took a dive. be glad you got a discount for a period of time. Apple is a US company and they have every right to make the price match the value of what it would cost in USD.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

2 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

I'd say most apps are either free or 99p.  Yes there are apps that are more expensive but who really spends more than 99p on an app (other than a game).

that isnt the point. Its not the point what YOU spend. The point is that you add flat out 25% more cost. That is HUGE... fucking huge.

We often cheer when we see a CPU at 25% reduced price. And we go mental if we see a graphics card being sold at a 25% or higher premium *cough*Titan cards *cough*.

But "just because" a bunch of apps cost no more then 99p doesnt make this all right. NOT AT ALL. This is a large increase that the average IOS user (which already pays a premium for their hardware compared to competitive solutions) will have to add into the total cost of their device.

26 minutes ago, Prysin said:

25% increase not bad? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ARE YOU SMOKING?!

That's pretty much the percentage the pound dropped compared to the USD since June, so yes it isn't bad.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

that isnt the point. Its not the point what YOU spend. The point is that you add flat out 25% more cost. That is HUGE... fucking huge.

We often cheer when we see a CPU at 25% reduced price. And we go mental if we see a graphics card being sold at a 25% or higher premium *cough*Titan cards *cough*.

But "just because" a bunch of apps cost no more then 99p doesnt make this all right. NOT AT ALL. This is a large increase that the average IOS user (which already pays a premium for their hardware compared to competitive solutions) will have to add into the total cost of their device.

the 25% is to match the lose apple got when their currency lost value compared to USD.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

6 minutes ago, Prysin said:

These changes are also in a limited area and are directly caused by Brexit, as said in the article.  And don't say "we," I personally don't give a rats ass that a Titan is extremely overpriced because why shouldn't it be? It is king, nothing touches it from the competition so blame the competition.  And as a guy who bought a 1070 at $50 more than it's worth right now just because I wanted it back in August, I REALLY don't care about minimal prices hikes of a freaking app store.

I don't remember apple lowering the prices when it was $2 to the £.

Plus the £ went up 3% vs the $ today.

Brexit is just being used as excuse to fuck us over.

24 minutes ago, S.Stephenson said:

And....it fell down again:

http://bbc.in/2j8jv7Z

There is still a loooong way to recovery.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

So this is outside the standard currency conversion?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

And....it fell down again:

http://bbc.in/2j8jv7Z

There is still a loooong way to recovery.

The recovery cannot really start until the actual terms of the leave, at which point I suspect UK will try to go backward, which won't help people have faith in their currency since they changed their mind again. If they do leave, the harsh terms of the leave won't help them recovery as fast as they expected it to be since they'll have to re organize a few things, then prove they can work well outside of the EU.

4 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

So this is outside the standard currency conversion?

That's the "standard currency conversion" it's like prices in euros are the same as the one in dollars, and they're not adjusted to the real price they should have. That is being done because the difference of price wouldn't be significative.

I still cant believe Square Enix charges 14-20€ for a flipping mobile game! Greediest bastards on planet Earth.... -.-

Groomlake Authority

2 hours ago, S.Stephenson said:

I don't remember apple lowering the prices when it was $2 to the £.

Brexit is just being used as excuse to fuck us over.

Keep telling that to yourself, just as you've been ignoring the obvious market dips a decision like brexit would have and the economical benefits the UK has been enjoying ever since they joined the EU.

App prices are different from hardware prices (remember, the conversion from $ to € is also not accurate in favour of the $ when it comes to computer hardware) and up until now they were a pretty precise conversion between the two currencies (although not necessarily always up to date, they can't change the price of an app every week). Now that the difference got low enough that they started missing out on a serious amount of money they jacked up the prices as is to be expected.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

I still cant believe Square Enix charges 14-20€ for a flipping mobile game! Greediest bastards on planet Earth.... -.-

Some are classic ports (FF, Chrono)

Some are DS ports (The World Ends With You)

Some used to be iOS exclusive with serious development (Chaos Rings)

But yeah gotta agree they are so fucking expensive, $21 for Final Fantasy IX, that's more expensive than Final Fantasy XIII on PC rofl

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

What confuses me is that Apple has any hand in this at all... is the price of an app not set by the publisher? o.O

6 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

What confuses me is that Apple has any hand in this at all... is the price of an app not set by the publisher? o.O

But every app sold, Apple get's a percentage of it. I believe Apple sets it as either free or $0.99 cents and above. So when the currency dipped, they weren't receiving the normal percentage.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

You guys thinks that is bad?
Look Brazil situation with Apple right now, it reads: Apple increases prices in its products in Brazil by 150%.
Thank God I have nobody in my family trapped in the evil Apple brainwash heh...

HxMaSwI.png

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)