Display for Gaming & Productivity

Hi Everyone, 

First time poster here looking to get some insight on something that kind of makes my head spin - displays. I've recently completed a new PC build (specs listed below) which is intended for gaming (not competitively, just to enjoy) as well as game development (I'm learning!). Now I built this cool machine, but I still have a garbage monitor and need to upgrade it with something that's reasonably priced and is a happy medium of gaming goodness but workstation friendly. At this time I only really have the room and funds for 1 display, so I really need to make this purchase count. Is there a good display the members here either recommend for a budget of $300-$400 (I can push to around $500 for something like the Dell P2715Q but that's the absolute most I'm willing to spend on a display) that will be useful for both coding/other game development work and also suffice well for gaming taking advantage of the specs given below? Should I be looking for an IPS or stick with a TN? Looking to get the most bang for my buck. I should also note that up until this build, I've been gaming on my TV which is an old Vizio 42 inch LCD from 2006 and I've been happy but feel like I'm missing out. 

Thanks to all for any advice and guidance you can provide! REALLY appreciate your input! :)

Case: HAF XB Evo

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w 80+ GOLD Fully Modular

Motherboard: Asus X99-E

Processor: Intel Core i7 6800K    (Not Overclocked Yet)

Cooler: Noctua NH U12S w/Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Paste

RAM: 16 GB EVGA DDR4-3200

Graphics Card: Asus OC Edition DUAL-GTX1070-O8G

System Drive: Crucial MX300 750 GB SSD 

Storage: 2X Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7,200 RPM HDD in RAID 1 

Lighting: 2X Cablemod RGB LED WideBeam Magnetic 60mm Strips

Build.jpg