My new pc dual xeon

niels1996

What GPU are you rocking in there?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Jesus, Nehalem Xeons.  Not to shit all over you (which is like a #nohomo header to indicate I'm about to shit all over you), but those aren't even worth the electricity to run.  A Kaby Lake 4 core would probably outperform them and you wouldn't have a mobo with shit compatibility and featureset to deal with.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

pretty dope, now is it possible to do a water cooling system in there, cause in all honestly those coolers look like sugar-honey-iced-tea

2 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Jesus, Nehalem Xeons.  Not to shit all over you (which is like a #nohomo header to indicate I'm about to shit all over you), but those aren't even worth the electricity to run.  A Kaby Lake 4 core would probably outperform them and you wouldn't have a mobo with shit compatibility and featureset to deal with.

Meanwhile half the budget performance world is running dual 5650's, which have been shown in benchmarks to outperform either the 5820K or 6800K, maybe both, in games.

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Meanwhile half the budget performance world is running dual 5650's, which have been shown in benchmarks to outperform either the 5820K or 6800K, maybe both, in games.

Games are single threaded largely so where are you finding a 6 generation old 2.8 Ghz core that's outperforming something at higher frequency and 100% IPC improvement?

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

34 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Games are single threaded largely so where are you finding a 6 generation old 2.8 Ghz core that's outperforming something at higher frequency and 100% IPC improvement?

My mistake, I misremembered the video. He found that a single X5650 was within 5-10% of a 5820K in games when paired with the same GPU. I don't see how a pair of LGA1366 Xeons would fall much behind that.

I wouldn't do any 1366 build right now because those 1366 motherboards are stupid expensive, but it's a very viable hardware combination right now if you get the right hardware at the right price. Certainly cheaper than what a 6800K setup would run, and by a lot more than the 10% performance delta.

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

Asus 290x direct cu ii

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

41 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

My mistake, I misremembered the video. He found that a single X5650 was within 5-10% of a 5820K in games when paired with the same GPU. I don't see how a pair of LGA1366 Xeons would fall much behind that.

I wouldn't do any 1366 build right now because those 1366 motherboards are stupid expensive, but it's a very viable hardware combination right now if you get the right hardware at the right price. Certainly cheaper than what a 6800K setup would run, and by a lot more than the 10% performance delta.

Well i got the mobo ram cpu combo for the price of a single i7 6700k. And i also got a pair of the x5690 six core for €100 so 24 3,4ghz threads. Wich will defenitly be close if not ahead of a 6700k.

1 hour ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Yes kaby lake will be faster .... but not much . also got a pair of x5690 3,4 ghz six core(so 24 3,4 ghz threads.... and i got the ram mobo cpu combo for the price of a 6700k..... soni really cant go wrong.... and i dont gave a single F about running costs?

1 hour ago, GrowlinVapor said:

pretty dope, now is it possible to do a water cooling system in there, cause in all honestly those coolers look like sugar-honey-iced-tea

I'm thinking about watercooling it. but I don't want to spend to much money on this system(since it is aging) .

2 minutes ago, niels1996 said:

-snip-

What about submerging it in oil.

Tho, now that I think it out loud, that could be pretty expensive too.

5 minutes ago, TheCamba said:

What about submerging it in oil.

Tho, now that I think it out loud, that could be pretty expensive too.

Actually i can get miniral oil pretty cheap....mmmh would be awesome tho. Ill think about it.

Hey! I'm building a dual xeon too! Mine are x5690's though

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

9 minutes ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

Hey! I'm building a dual xeon too! Mine are x5690's though

lol I actually have two of them aswell. but I'm thinking of going socket 2011 now so don't know if Ill use them. how is your build going???

1 minute ago, niels1996 said:

lol I actually have two of them aswell. but I'm thinking of going socket 2011 now so don't know if Ill use them. how is your build going???

It is going slow, I ended up needing to spend money on other things this month but it is good, the case I got is actually a server so it came with some neat server hardware I'm planning to do fun stuff with. Once I find a time to start building I'll post pictures and stuff

The Impossibox

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

1 minute ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

It is going slow, I ended up needing to spend money on other things this month but it is good, the case I got is actually a server so it came with some neat server hardware I'm planning to do fun stuff with. Once I find a time to start building I'll post pictures and stuff

nice. if you need help you can always ask me:)

20 minutes ago, niels1996 said:

nice. if you need help you can always ask me:)

Thanks, I'll let you know

The Impossibox