A very strange issue

Go to solution Solved by paddy-stone,

Sounds like it might be a DHCP IP address issue to me, maybe DHCP server's range is set for full range and yet soemone in the house has a static address set up, and the 2 conflict... I could be very wrong I admit, but sounds similar to a problem I encountered before. Set everything to DHCP or chnage the IP address range... check the devices/PCs in the house to see if any are staitc and check the router.

Hello, I've looked around, asked my provider and contacted a lot of people in order to try and identify the problem to my issue.

I play a lot of League of Legends, and after switching Internet Providers, I have come across a very strange issue, everytime I start up a game for the first time of the day. ( 5PM ish ). I play for around 10 - 15 minutes, and suddenly my internet will disconnect, causing everyone in my home to lose internet access, and I have to restart the router to bring it back to life. League of Legends is the only game which is causing this issue.

This happens everyday, so I have to normally play another mode, such as ARAM, in order to disconnect, then restart the router. After restarting the router, it's completely fine for the rest of the night. I get logs in my Event Logger on my router all the time, informing me that my router is blocking IP's and TCP IP's. Or something along those lines.

I have gone through, my service provider has done something, which is apparently changing my Access Rack, I have tried a new router, I have set up my permissions exactly as Riot Games and my provider has stated, yet I still get this issue, has anyone had this problem before?

TL;DR First game of the day around 5PM, I get 10 minutes into my game, and the internet goes down for every device in the house, a restart is needed to get the internet back up. After the restart, the game works perfectly for the rest of the night. but continues to do it the very next day. 

Thank you

| CPU: i7 4790k 4.0 GHz | GPU: GTX Geforce 980 TI x2 Superclocked SLI | SSD: 240GB Kingston SSDnow, 120GB Kingston SSDnow | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 3x | Mobo: MSI  Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: 16GB White HyperX 1600 Mhz | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750 Airflow Edition | Cooler: Corsair  H100i  AIO |

4 minutes ago, Phisher101 said:

Hello, I've looked around, asked my provider and contacted a lot of people in order to try and identify the problem to my issue.

I play a lot of League of Legends, and after switching Internet Providers, I have come across a very strange issue, everytime I start up a game for the first time of the day. ( 5PM ish ). I play for around 10 - 15 minutes, and suddenly my internet will disconnect, causing everyone in my home to lose internet access, and I have to restart the router to bring it back to life. League of Legends is the only game which is causing this issue.

This happens everyday, so I have to normally play another mode, such as ARAM, in order to disconnect, then restart the router. After restarting the router, it's completely fine for the rest of the night. I get logs in my Event Logger on my router all the time, informing me that my router is blocking IP's and TCP IP's. Or something along those lines.

I have gone through, my service provider has done something, which is apparently changing my Access Rack, I have tried a new router, I have set up my permissions exactly as Riot Games and my provider has stated, yet I still get this issue, has anyone had this problem before?

TL;DR First game of the day around 5PM, I get 10 minutes into my game, and the internet goes down for every device in the house, a restart is needed to get the internet back up. After the restart, the game works perfectly for the rest of the night. but continues to do it the very next day. 

Thank you

probably routeur is out of date, 

try a new routeur maybe ? 30-40$ AC one should do the job just fine

Sounds like it might be a DHCP IP address issue to me, maybe DHCP server's range is set for full range and yet soemone in the house has a static address set up, and the 2 conflict... I could be very wrong I admit, but sounds similar to a problem I encountered before. Set everything to DHCP or chnage the IP address range... check the devices/PCs in the house to see if any are staitc and check the router.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 hour ago, paddy-stone said:

It does appear I can change my DHCP IPs to a different set. maybe that will help

| CPU: i7 4790k 4.0 GHz | GPU: GTX Geforce 980 TI x2 Superclocked SLI | SSD: 240GB Kingston SSDnow, 120GB Kingston SSDnow | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 3x | Mobo: MSI  Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: 16GB White HyperX 1600 Mhz | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750 Airflow Edition | Cooler: Corsair  H100i  AIO |

13 hours ago, Phisher101 said:

It does appear I can change my DHCP IPs to a different set. maybe that will help

Before making any changes, make a backup of your settings... can usually be found in the admin settings part. Takes not even 2 seconds to make the backup, then if anything goes wrong you can reset the router and re-apply the settings by using the "restore" function in admin settings.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

On 1/18/2017 at 1:19 PM, paddy-stone said:

Before making any changes, make a backup of your settings... can usually be found in the admin settings part. Takes not even 2 seconds to make the backup, then if anything goes wrong you can reset the router and re-apply the settings by using the "restore" function in admin settings.

Well I did this. and removed a 4 port switch from my network and replaced it. One of them has worked haha. Been 2 days since making the changes, no issues what so ever.