If you need help setting up a Active Directory Domain and DNS Servers

NTDaws

Contact me in the messages if you ever need help setting up a domain properly. 

The geek himself.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

do you have experence with WSUS?

How about connecting linux boxes to AD?

Just the basics, setting up a Windows server 2003, 2008, 2012, and 2016 active directory. And right now I am learning, WSUS, I am still working on the basics. 

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

do you have experence with WSUS?

How about connecting linux boxes to AD?

But I know what you mean 

Microsoft_WSUS_Admin_2.png

The geek himself.

Very good to see people like you, motivated. A good way to learn is to teach others. Have you experience in setting up Active directory in a real production environment or just at home on VM's?

1 minute ago, theguywhoroutes said:

Very good to see people like you, motivated. A good way to learn is to teach others. Have you experience in setting up Active directory in a real production environment or just at home on VM's?

This is what I do, I take the old Dell PowerEdge tower servers from my school, I have 3 of them atm. 1st one runs 2003 R2, 2nd one runs 2008 R2, 3rd one runs 2012 R2. I have been experiencing active directory on all machines since 2013 and I finally managed to setup 3 Domain controllers. Now I thought to myself, maybe I can teach the community how to setup a active directory domain. and this is all in real production. This is all setup through wifi but it doesn't really matter. It just helps to have the same users on different computers, I can share documents, photos, videos, music, and my desktop on all the PC's in my home. 

The geek himself.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

and this is all in real production

Just to clarify what you've said, that's called a lab environment. A production environment is a live operating environment where there are other people relying on the systems to operate. Failure for availibility usually results in the IT team being yelled at and business profit loss.

7 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

This is what I do, I take the old Dell PowerEdge tower servers from my school, I have 3 of them atm. 1st one runs 2003 R2, 2nd one runs 2008 R2, 3rd one runs 2012 R2. I have been experiencing active directory on all machines since 2013 and I finally managed to setup 3 Domain controllers. Now I thought to myself, maybe I can teach the community how to setup a active directory domain. and this is all in real production. This is all setup through wifi but it doesn't really matter. It just helps to have the same users on different computers, I can share documents, photos, videos, music, and my desktop on all the PC's in my home. 

That is very good, you seem to be very passionate. What I was meaning to say is that is it a production environment where many (25?+) users are in the domain because I personally find that creating a domain is a bit different than setting one up in your home environment (such as troubleshooting and other services which users rely on etc..) but it seems you will learn fast with your mindset. Aren't they just awesome?

That is very good, you seem to be very passionate. What I was meaning to say is that is it a production environment where many (25?+) users are in the domain because I personally find that creating a domain is a bit different than setting one up in your home environment (such as troubleshooting and other services etc..) but it seems you will learn fast with your mindset. Aren't they just awesome?

Of course I don't have 25 people on computers at the same time, imagine how special I would feel though xD.  And I learn fast with computers, I built my first computer easily, aside from not plugging in the CPU power. And Servers are just cool in general, you can do anything with them.  Well almost anything. But at least now if I ever want to setup a business, I know how to setup my own Domain. Helps for future use.

3 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

Just to clarify what you've said, that's called a lab environment. A production environment is a live operating environment where there are other people relying on the systems to operate. Failure for availibility usually results in the IT team being yelled at and business profit loss.

Oh ok I never knew that. I don't think I clarify in the product environment part, at least not yet.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

But at least now if I ever want to setup a business, I know how to setup my own Domain. Helps for future use.

It certainly does, no harm in learning! good stuff... Are you looking to focus on mainly servers or general all round IT?

It certainly does, no harm in learning! good stuff... Are you looking to focus on mainly servers or general all round IT?

Well kind of two things, I want to build computers and work in the network administrating department of tech.

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Well kind of two things, I want to build computers and work in the network administrating department of tech.

Oh I see, it was a dream of mine to build computers day-in and day-out but then I found a passion with networking/server and it opens my eyes up to a whole new world. I am not always a certification maniac and always tell everyone to get their certifications but have you ever looking into doing any Microsoft server courses etc..? I really think they do fill in loads of little gaps and encourage me to learn further as I do more job wise.

Oh I see, it was a dream of mine to build computers day-in and day-out but then I found a passion with networking/server and it opens my eyes up to a whole new world. I am not always a certification maniac and always tell everyone to get their certifications but have you ever looking into doing any Microsoft server courses etc..? I really think they do fill in loads of little gaps and encourage me to learn further as I do more job wise.

ill take a look at it my friend

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

die. that needs to be be upgraded.

I needed to train myself with it. that one will be upgraded to Windows server 2016 Nano Server

The geek himself.