EKWB`s stupid marketing

I would have bought ek`s  EK-CoolStream SE 240 and  EK-XRES 100 SPC-60 MX PWM (incl. pump) which is a total of $139.98 BUT ek ruined that because there was $20 tax on each item (WTF?), so then i went to check amazon and newegg (and some others) but they weren't there! as a result I did not buy those 2 items. (also thanks ALOT ek for making me go on a wild goose chase looking at all the websites that might be selling those items) 

CASE: deepcool dukase v2 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte gaming 3 CPU: intel core i5 6500 GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming CPU COOLER: enermax liqmax II 120s SSD: Kingston ssdnow uv400 240gb RAM: crucial ballistic sport (1 x 8) PSU: Cooler Master GX 650W

4 minutes ago, creepybob said:

I would have bought ek`s  EK-CoolStream SE 240 and  EK-XRES 100 SPC-60 MX PWM (incl. pump) which is a total of $139.98 BUT ek ruined that because there was $20 tax on each item (WTF?), so then i went to check amazon and newegg (and some others) but they weren't there! as a result I did not buy those 2 items. (also thanks ALOT ek for making me go on a wild goose chase looking at all the websites that might be selling those items) 

It's common in the USA not to include tax. Where I live it's illegal not to include the VAT in the price of items.

Yours faithfully

4 minutes ago, creepybob said:

Don't blame EKWB, blame yourself for not checking tarrifs between your country and Slovenia. Do you really expect them to check that with every country for you? That's on you buddy.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

It's only common to not include tax in US if they don't have a business in the state in which you're ordering. If you order from best buy or Walmart online  and you have one in town,  taxed. 

I didn't want to buy ekwb parts because of taxes and shipping but split the cost between ekwb and Newegg. Got a significantly lower price. 

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

Don't order directly from EKWB if you are in US.

I bet there is some retailer in US that imports EKWV stuff and sell it in US by your "normal conditions".

That problem has nothing to do with EKWB as a firm, but rather with US taxes and laws.

Same goes for EU buyers who try to buy anything out of EU. We have to pay 22% taxes for all purchases over 20€ if we are buying from non EU countries.

So my advice would be, to either contact EKWB and ask if there is any retailer in US, or just find it by yourself.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-xres-100-spc-60-mx-pwm-incl-pump.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-coolstream-se-240-slim-dual.html

About same total price. Don't know if Performance PC includes tax or not. Probably not and they calculate it based on state you are living. Or something like that, haven't really read so much into US tax laws.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

About same total price. Don't know if Performance PC includes tax or not. Probably not and they calculate it based on state you are living. Or something like that, haven't really read so much into US tax laws.

it's different on a state by state basis, some states have a sales tax and others don't

5 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

their is tax depending on where you live . in NY i got hit ordering from them awhile ago . then a later order i didnt pay any

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

1 hour ago, gamerking said:

their is tax depending on where you live . in NY i got hit ordering from them awhile ago . then a later order i didnt pay any

It's all based off where you live. Here in CT, USA, I didn't pay too much for tax. What killed for me was shipping costs. But whatever, you can always just order from Performance-PC's or some other EK retailer. Don't blame EK for taxes, blame your government.

On 1/17/2017 at 11:37 AM, Lord Nicoll said:

It's common in the USA not to include tax. Where I live it's illegal not to include the VAT in the price of items.

It's common in the USA to not pay tax. VAT sucks ass, I was pissed when Amazon started throwing tax on their shit in my state.

Most of the time only certain sites will charge tax only in New York, or Indiana, whatever state they are based in. Legally a lot of times the consumer is responsible to pay their own sales tax. No one does as far as I know. 

Just pay it or go to the flea market.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

On 1/17/2017 at 11:33 AM, creepybob said:

There is no tax m8 you live in the united states? If so you did something wrong. if you fill out your information correctly and change to us the tax goes away (Only EU pays taxes).

edit added screen shot to show no tax... 

dfsdffd.PNG

All the same stuff is sold on frozenpc performancepc and microcenter for the same prices. Aslong as they aren't in your state you still aren't paying taxes like that. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

On 19.1.2017 at 8:40 PM, JDMFTW said:

There is no tax m8 you live in the united states? If so you did something wrong. if you fill out your information correctly and change to us the tax goes away (Only EU pays taxes).

edit added screen shot to show no tax...

No import fees either? And if not, you pay that back with $16 shipping fee.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/19/2017 at 1:48 PM, Mick Naughty said:

All the same stuff is sold on frozenpc performancepc and microcenter for the same prices. Aslong as they aren't in your state you still aren't paying taxes like that. 

Im lucky to have a MC near me. but even then they dont carry a bunch of EK products just the basics.

21 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

No import fees either? And if not, you pay that back with $16 shipping fee.

16$ to ship across the planet really isn't bad. and even then the shipping was faster than amazon and thats in the same country..

54 minutes ago, JDMFTW said:

Im lucky to have a MC near me. but even then they dont carry a bunch of EK products just the basics.

16$ to ship across the planet really isn't bad. and even then the shipping was faster than amazon and thats in the same country..

Thankfully the mc here has stepped its game up quite a bit. Only 120 type rads and only one series but everything else is there. Fittings are a bit on the low side to. Not enough in stock to convert my to compression fittings.  

3 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Thankfully the mc here has stepped its game up quite a bit. Only 120 type rads and only one series but everything else is there. Fittings are a bit on the low side to. Not enough in stock to convert my to compression fittings.  

Same i had to order fittings offline.