Can Modern Graphics Cards get dameged from Overclocking when using stock bios?

they only get damaged if you pump too much voltage into the GPU and stress the components to the point of failure

Photography / Finance / Gaming

No

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Never saw it happening, Stock bios SHOULD be safe. Try to RMA.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

2 minutes ago, Taja said:

Never saw it happening, Stock bios SHOULD be safe. Try to RMA.

jup

Even if you break your GPU because of too much overclocking, nvidia can't prove that you were acctually overclocking.

And at stock bios you are pretty much safe. If you OC it too much it will just crash and that's all.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

The card is officially dead. I get back approximately 250€. What card should i buy. I am living in germany. Please take in  account  that i allready own a freesynch monitor. Thats not heavily necesary that you say that i have to geht a AMD card but just think about it.

And please dont judge me for my Bad forum title. German autocorrection

FreeSync monitor with about 250 European moneys.

8GB RX480. If you can have some more money saved up an XFX RX480 GTR is the top card to get. Otherwise there's the XFX RX480 RS or an MSI card.

Ye ole' train

3 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

FreeSync monitor with about 250 European moneys.

8GB RX480. If you can have some more money saved up an XFX RX480 GTR is the top card to get. Otherwise there's the XFX RX480 RS or an MSI card.

What about this model?! http://m.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8GB-PowerColor-Radeon-RX-480-Red-Dragon-Aktiv-PCIe-3-0-x16--Retail-_1124443.html

59 minutes ago, luegnicl said:

The Power Color model is known for having sub-par VRM (the power delivery system) so I wouldn't recommend it.

57 minutes ago, luegnicl said:

That's a stock blower cooler. It's loud as balls and doesn't unlock the full potential of an RX480. That PCB is also a reference design. It's ok, but nothing more than that.

I recommend this:

http://m.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8GB-XFX-Radeon-RX-480-GTR-Aktiv-PCIe-3-0-x16--Retail-_1116005.html

It's €30 more than the € 250 you get for your 970 but it's so worth it. 1450 MHz should be easy for this card.

Ye ole' train