PWM hub not recognized?

Omie

So I have the Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass edition and it comes with a PWM hub which holds the 2 front 140mm fans (both fans are 3pin) and takes 3pin fans.

My motherboard is an Asus z270 Maximus IX Formula which has 3 true PWM chassis fan headers. What I did was plug the 4pin end of the PWM hub into my chassis fan 3 header. 

However, the CHA_FAN3 header is shown as N/A in the BIOS as well as in monitoring programs such as Corsair Link. But when I go into the BIOS and look under Q-fan control and change the CHA_FAN3 from Auto to PWM, I can hear the front fans quiet down a bit. Changing it from auto to disabled makes the fans loud which I'm assuming they are going at the max rpm. So in this way, it seems that the front fans are working under the CHA_FAN3 header which the PWM hub is connected to.

So is this normal that it is listed as N/A under the CHA_FAN3 Header in the BIOS and monitoring programs but can still be controlled via Q-fan control in the BIOS? Also, am I not able to set fan curves and such because of this?

Here is what the PWM hub looks like: http://benchmarkreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Phanteks-Enthoo-Luxe-Fan-Controller.jpg

there will be one fan connector on that hub that you will need to connect a fan to report rpm.

Important Note:

1 motherboard connector can only read 1 RPM signal. Therefore, the motherboard will only read the RPM signal from 1 device connected to Fan 1. The RPM form all other devices will be regulated according to FAN 1. Y-splitter should not be connected to FAN 1. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 21.26.40.png

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Few notes on settings for connector. Auto means it will auto-detect which fan is being used (3pin or PWM), PWM means that you set it to follow PWM preset. Disabled sets it to DC mode (if there isn't own DC mode available).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

there will be one fan connector on that hub that you will need to connect a fan to report rpm.

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 21.26.40.png

Ohh thank you. I think neither of my two front fans are connected to Fan 1 then.

47 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Few notes on settings for connector. Auto means it will auto-detect which fan is being used (3pin or PWM), PWM means that you set it to follow PWM preset. Disabled sets it to DC mode (if there isn't own DC mode available).

Thanks for the info

• 1 year later...

I also had to connect one to FAN1. I already thought the hub is faulty, thanks a lot :)