Whats wrong here

HeaterUp
Go to solution Solved by Droidbot,
3 minutes ago, HeaterUp said:

No but it was screwed into the case enough to where it wasnt shaking about or anything like that

I'd say:

- Reseat the connection on both ends

- Reseat the GPU

- Check the cable

Hello, I have a monitor that i am trying to connect to my computer through dvi and when i turn on my computer the monitor just shows up very pixelated with a ton of green flashing dots all over the screen (not sure if you can tell in the picture or not). Ive got a second monitor I was trying to connect as well through HDMI so I am getting ready to unplug that and see if there is any change.

20170117_002546.jpg

Dying GPU

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Hopefully this has nothing to do with it but I did move the whole computer and monitor today in my car. Wrapped up in plenty of blankets

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Dying GPU

The whole computer is only a month old.

Did you remove the GPU when moving it by car??

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, rrubberr said:

Did it start then?

Yes it just started today when i got it to my new apartment was working fine earlier this morning. Should I try taking off the dvi cable and putting it back on?

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Did you remove the GPU when moving it by car??

No but it was screwed into the case enough to where it wasnt shaking about or anything like that

3 minutes ago, HeaterUp said:

I'd say:

- Reseat the connection on both ends

- Reseat the GPU

- Check the cable

idk

My suggestions?

• Reseat GPU. It may have moved slightly in the PCI slot.
  • Check connectors at the GPU end and the monitor end. Check for contamination or bent pins.
  • Replace video cable.

Hope these help.

1 minute ago, rrubberr said:

Yeah, generally bouncing your PCIe cards around in your trunk is a BAD idea.

I've done it many times in my 250d's box. always use protection.

idk

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

I was told my multiple people as long as the gpu is secure it wouldnt be a problem :S what other protection is there

I take my Z800 with me (haha, yes, I lug one of my 80lb workstations around with me) sometimes, but I always take speed bumps slowly and make sure the PCIe cards are on the bottom and the PC is on its side. A Titan Z would tear the motherboard in half like paper.

Well thats the thing I had the whole pc sitting on its side because i have a huge cpu cooler and gpu that would have snapped my motherboard in half otherwise

I take my Z800 with me (haha, yes, I lug one of my 80lb workstations around with me) sometimes, but I always take speed bumps slowly and make sure the PCIe cards are on the bottom and the PC is on its side. A Titan Z would tear the motherboard in half like paper.

I had a Windforce 3X card from Gigabyte. 

That fucker is so big it wouldn't fit in the 250d without me bending the heatsink a little bit.

I kept it in my PC and transported it around 20 times from my dad's to my mum's and vice versa in around 3 years. 

idk

10 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

it only takes one time for things to go wrong

My PCPartPicker - 1st Build

2 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

You are like silly goose. I had to take my 21.5lb 4k monitor with me, too, with labels and peripherals, but at least the z800 has handles.

When I do move my 250d it's just peripherals and the box, and one time I brought my Ultrawide. 

idk

1 minute ago, Bradl79 said:

it only takes one time for things to go wrong

Box has like loads of foam though, so it keeps the system stable. I have literally shipped this machine interstate in the box. 

idk

20 minutes ago, HeaterUp said:

That does not help, the PCIe slot holds most of the weight and is very delicate.

GPUs only screw into the case on one side, the other side hangs with no support.

This is why GPUs must be removed when transporting a PC.

It sounds to me like you ruined your motherboard...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

u can try to connect ur monitor to ur onboard video and if its the same it could be the monitor if works either the GPU or the PCIe slot damaged.

My PCPartPicker - 1st Build

Alright everyone. After my mini heart attack of thinking i fucked up my gpu the cable on the monitor and tower just needed to be reseated. Thank you all :)