[RUMOUR] 32GB macbook coming later this year

Thomas_baas
1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Or they could use DDR4.

But a laptop that costs over 2 grand should at least include a Kaby Lake CPU.

That's hard to achieve when the mbp came out within days of the kaby lake launch. Of course the new iteration should have it, but it may be too much to ask it of the current model.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Or they could use DDR4.

But a laptop that costs over 2 grand should at least include a Kaby Lake CPU.

Especially when Kaby Lake wasn't announced until a few months after the release of the product which used Skylake!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD聽| How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

That's hard to achieve when the mbp came out within days of the kaby lake launch. Of course the new iteration should have it, but it may be too much to ask it of the current model.

They've been available for manufacturers since June 2016.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List聽 |聽 The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures |聽"2K" does not mean 2560脳1440

There's no point in adding more RAM stop trying to find every little thing to bitch about when it comes to apple

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb.聽

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU-聽Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB聽Motherboard-聽Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H聽RAM-聽8GB HyperX DDR4-2133聽PSU-聽EVGA GQ 650w聽HDD-聽OEM 750GB Seagate聽Case-聽NZXT S340聽Mouse-聽Logitech Gaming g402聽Keyboard-聽 Azio MGK1 Headset-聽HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

There's no point in adding more RAM stop trying to find every little thing to bitch about when it comes to apple

How is there no point?聽 People use Macs for RAM heavy applications all the time.

What we're "bitching" about is Apple bullshitting customers.

PSU Tier List聽 |聽 The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures |聽"2K" does not mean 2560脳1440

11 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Except then they would have had to delay the launch for months. Not to mention it takes time to develop a product and you can't just swap components at the last minute. It's the same reason why the surface studio uses maxwell and not Pascal.

PSU Tier List聽| CoC

Gaming Build聽| FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k聽||聽Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz聽|| 250GB 840 Evo聽|| 1TB WD聽Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10聽Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD)聽|| SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

How is there no point?聽 People use Macs for RAM heavy applications all the time.

What we're "bitching" about is Apple bullshitting customers.

You mean every single company ever. And what happened to Macs cant run those applications? Stop backpedalling and use actual points

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb.聽

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU-聽Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB聽Motherboard-聽Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H聽RAM-聽8GB HyperX DDR4-2133聽PSU-聽EVGA GQ 650w聽HDD-聽OEM 750GB Seagate聽Case-聽NZXT S340聽Mouse-聽Logitech Gaming g402聽Keyboard-聽 Azio MGK1 Headset-聽HyperX Cloud Core

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

You mean every single company ever. And what happened to Macs cant run those applications? Stop backpedalling and use actual points

Newsflash: Dell, HP, OP, Logitech, evga, et all have my best interest at heart.

PSU Tier List聽| CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k聽||聽Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz聽|| 250GB 840 Evo聽|| 1TB WD聽Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10聽Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD)聽|| SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I doubt they started designing the mbp in june to release it less than 3 months later. It's likely by the time kaby became available they were too close to release to completely change the chipset. You can usually count me in when it comes to criticizing apple but what's fair is fair.

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

Says you. Maybe someone else expects all the ram he wants when he drops 3 grand on a dual core laptop. It's not true that there are no benefits (particularly in ->PRO<-聽applications) to more tha 16GB of ram. It's the "oh the screen size on the iphone 4s is perfect" argument all over again, defending a limitation until Lord Apple is kind enough to improve on it 3 years after everyone else.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

When did I say that? O.o

If you've ever used anything in the Adobe Creative Suite you'll know there is a big difference between merely running and running聽well.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Says you. Maybe someone else expects all the ram he wants when he drops 3 grand on a dual core laptop. It's not true that there are no benefits (particularly in ->PRO<-聽applications) to more tha 16GB of ram. It's the "oh the screen size on the iphone 4s is perfect" argument all over again, defending a limitation until Lord Apple is kind enough to improve on it 3 years after everyone else.

As people have already said, there is many more important things that cause the MacBook to not be able to run pro application but who the hell wants 32GB of RAM in a dual core machine. Plus if you are even running an application that benefits from more RAM (ex. Premiere) on a laptop you arent expecting super fast render times.聽

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Newsflash: Dell, HP, OP, Logitech, et all have my best interest at heart.

News flash: No they dont

Spoiler

AXIOM

When did I say that? O.o

Every MacBook argument ever on the forum

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

If you've ever used anything in the Adobe Creative Suite you'll know there is a big difference between merely running and running聽well.

RAM isnt the only deciding factor for performance

Spoiler

AXIOM

Every MacBook argument ever on the forum

RAM isnt the only deciding factor for performance

In other words, you realized I never said that. xD

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

News flash: No they dont

94f0cb21bd56b93e42b4e712200eced6.jpg

PSU Tier List聽| CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

In other words, you realized I never said that. xD

No, I was saying it as a broad spectrum that the majority of people on the forum who are making this point against the MBP also argued about its low specs.聽

Spoiler

AXIOM

No, I was saying it as a broad spectrum that the majority of people on the forum who are making this point against the MBP also argued about its low specs.聽

Uh huh, sure.

I don't have any inherent dislike for Macs, other than how they are intentionally making them more difficult to repair without spending ridiculous amounts of money.聽 Usually, they're good computers.聽 I'm making the same argument I'd be making against any other company that pulled this kind of crap.聽 If it was less than $1000, I would be absolutely fine with it.

Uh huh, sure.

I don't have any inherent dislike for Macs, other than how they are intentionally making them more difficult to repair without spending ridiculous amounts of money.聽 Usually, they're good computers.聽 I'm making the same argument I'd be making against any other company that pulled this kind of crap.聽 If it was less than $1000, I would be absolutely fine with it.

Im assuming youre fine with the XPS series then? It costs slightly less for similar specs but is still over the $1000 mark

Spoiler

AXIOM

6 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Im assuming youre fine with the XPS series then? It costs slightly less for similar specs but is still over the $1000 mark

You'd have to point me to a specific laptop, but looking at this one that's roughly $1000, I'd say it's a total waste of money.聽 A grand for 8GB of RAM, 128GB SSD, and an i5-7200U is pitiful.聽 Especially since you can't upgrade the RAM.聽 It's more suited for a $700 price tag.

Whenever I hold Apple to the same standards as other companies, I get called a hater.

You'd have to point me to a specific laptop, but looking at this one that's roughly $1000, I'd say it's a total waste of money.聽 A grand for 8GB of RAM, 128GB SSD, and an i5-7200U is pitiful.聽 Especially since you can't upgrade the RAM.聽 It's more suited for a $700 price tag.

You dont see Linus ragging on the XPS though do you?聽

Spoiler

AXIOM

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

You dont see Linus ragging on the XPS though do you?聽

Do you think I'm Linus in disguise? xD

13 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

As people have already said, there is many more important things that cause the MacBook to not be able to run pro application but who the hell wants 32GB of RAM in a dual core machine. Plus if you are even running an application that benefits from more RAM (ex. Premiere) on a laptop you arent expecting super fast render times.聽

First of all there are quad core models (in the 15") and maybe if anything this means the 13" should have quad cores too. Why isn't more ram available on those if cpu power is the issue in 13" models in your opinion?

I agree, it's not the only issue with the mbp. At all. But it is one issue and it's the one we were discussing right now.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Do you think I'm Linus in disguise? xD

No, what Im saying is people keep giving the MacBook shit and praising the XPS. Its stupid, people are completely anti-apple and ignore the windows versions of the macbook

Spoiler

AXIOM

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

First of all there are quad core models (in the 15") and maybe if anything this means the 13" should have quad cores too. Why isn't more ram available on those if cpu power is the issue in 13" models in your opinion?

I agree, it's not the only issue with the mbp. At all. But it is one issue and it's the one we were discussing right now.

The issue is blown way out of proportion though. And yes, I did forget to mention the quad cores, but they are still very weak compared to even a desktop i5. If you are doing serious rendering work you arent going to be using a macbook

Spoiler

AXIOM

No, what Im saying is people keep giving the MacBook shit and praising the XPS. Its stupid, people are completely anti-apple and ignore the windows versions of the macbook

Well as I said, I get called a hater for holding Apple to the same standards as any other brand.聽 I would NEVER recommend a laptop like the one I linked to a customer.聽 Not even I was being paid to.聽 It's a total waste of money.

Btw, I've owned a Macbook before.