Computer Getting LOUD and HOT

DevilsHand676

I just upgraded my PC with a new case, more ram, CPU, and motherboard. I have noticed that now it is really loud. Temps for the GPU and Core are clocking at just around 60 C and the fans are going at 6,000 RPM but it not going over 30% CPU usage. Even when idle this thing is loud. I was thinking about just getting more fans (I only have two 1 for the CPU and 1 just in the case) but I need help picking out ones. So if you have any recommended quite/silent fans or just to fix this issue it would help (can't be super $$ so no liquid cooling or stuff like that) 

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
CPU Cooler- Artic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm
GPU-  EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA
RAM- CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB 3200Mhz 
PSU- Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 Watt
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
SSD- SanDisk Ultra II 500GB SATA III
Case- Custom Made Desk
Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

Microphone- Blue Snowball Ice
Headphones- Razer Nari Ultimate
Webcam- Logitech c270
Monitors- MSI Optix MAG24C and Acer KA240HQ Abid
Mouse- Corsair Nightsword RGB
Keyboard- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum MX Speed

huh. The CPU shouldn't even get that hot with a stock intel CPU cooler at 30% usage. Sounds like something is wrong other than heat inside the case. How far have you OC'd? (if at all) What cooler you got and what case you got? 

And I don't know of many fans that will hit 6000 rpm to be honest...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Wolther said:

huh. The CPU shouldn't even get that hot with a stock intel CPU cooler at 30% usage. Sounds like something is wrong other than heat inside the case 

The CPU is an AMD 

AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
Case- Custom Made Desk

Webcam- Logitech c270

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

And I don't know of many fans that will hit 6000 rpm to be honest...

It was the fan that came with the Corsair Carbide Series 100R Mid Tower Case. I just looked at SpeedFan and that's what it said 

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
Case- Custom Made Desk

Webcam- Logitech c270

1 minute ago, DevilsHand676 said:

It was the fan that came with the Corsair Carbide Series 100R Mid Tower Case. I just looked at SpeedFan and that's what it said 

You have speedfan, so tell those fans to settle the fuck down xD

60C is very low temps. Tell it to stay at low RPM then ramp up when it hits 80C, or set up advanced fan control and you'll thank me later.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

7 minutes ago, DevilsHand676 said:

The CPU is an AMD 

AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300

Okay. Well Are you sure your temp was at idle, or was it under load? Because 70c sounds like a under load temp for your cpu with an AMD stock cooler 

If you're not sure. Do you mind running prime 95 for a few minutes and reporting out your CPU temps? 

1 minute ago, rrubberr said:

Uhm, IDLE is 60. My PC only reaches 45 under LOAD.

Idle temps don't matter at all, because any temp below 75 will not compromise stability or age the silicon (on silicon from at least 2011, no data from before). OP should stress test, otherwise their temps numbers are useless. Reseating the cooler with new thermal paste should help too, hopefully. Also dialing back that overclock that OP's not telling us about ;)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, rrubberr said:

6000 RPM at 30% utilization at idle. That fan's gonna die, the CPU is gonna cook itself, something is wrong.

Yes it's concerning lol

But OP should still look at temps while stress testing. If the CPU goes too hot just stop the test and look at the cooler.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, DevilsHand676 said:

You can turn down your case's fan speed. What is the speed of your CPU cooler's fan? 

jesus, those fans are spinning faster than a plane engine turbine

Main PC
CPU: i3-4160. RAM: 2x4GB Kingston ValueRam. GPU: Asus GTX750Ti OC 2GB (Palit StormOC 750Ti Bios). CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X.
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3. Storage: 1x Samsung 840 Evo. RAID 0: WD Scorpio Blue 500GB, WD Caviar Blue 500GB. PSU: Corsair CX500M.
Network: some TP-Link card that doesnt support 5.0Ghz. Case: Casecom Neptune CP-626 (the cooler doesnt fit so the side panel stays off).
Mouse: Logitech G430. Headphones: Sennheiser RS195. Keyboard: Lenovo KU0225. OS: Windows 10 Pro

stuff that isnt my main pc
Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531 - Ubuntu 17.04 (Gnome Desktop)
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B - Not in Use
Raspberry Pi 3 - RetroPie

Phones/Tablets
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M7 - Dead Charging Port - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M8 - Dead Sim Port -  Lineage 15 (Android 8.0.0)
Telstra 4GX Plus (ZTE Blade A462) - Android M Stock
iPhone 4S - Dead Battery Sensor (Stuck on too hot warning) - Latest iOS 9
iPhone 5 - MAIN PHONE - iOS 10.3.3

Consoles
Xbox One
Xbox 360 S
PlayStation 2 Fat

Headset: Plantronics RIG400HX 

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Yes it's concerning lol

But OP should still look at temps while stress testing. If the CPU goes too hot just stop the test and look at the cooler.

I completely disagree. I have an FX 6350, and even when overclocked on air, I never got that high. This is a sign something is wrong. It is not a good idea to stress test yet.

OP, what are the other temps for your socket, and NB? If those are super high, then something's gonna short soon. If they are normal, then I would take the cooler off your CPU, clean both, reapply thermal paste, and put the cooler back on to try again.

Also, can you please send us a screenshot of your temp recording software just so we can see?

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I completely disagree. I have an FX 6350, and even when overclocked on air, I never got that high. This is a sign something is wrong. It is not a good idea to stress test yet.

OP, what are the other temps for your socket, and NB? If those are super high, then something's gonna short soon. If they are normal, then I would take the cooler off your CPU, clean both, reapply thermal paste, and put the cooler back on to try again.

Also, can you please send us a screenshot of your temp recording software just so we can see?

With the stock cooler?

I think I'm missing something because I had heard the FX CPUs read their own temps differently to other pieces of silicon. Is that right?

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

With the stock cooler?

I think I'm missing something because I had heard the FX CPUs read their own temps differently to other pieces of silicon. Is that right?

No, not with stock cooler, but with CoolMaster HyperD 92. Not the stock, but still small 92mm cooler.

Yes, the hardware doesn't read best with certain software. Thats why I think a screenshot might be best. NXZT Cam works nicely for monitoring temps, but AMD also has it's Command Center, where you can also check temps. This might be a good idea as well, just to double check to see what other software says.

I also forgot about CPUz as well.

His fan might just be loud, and the software might just be completely misinterpreting the math AMD uses for its temperatures. Otherwise, you could be having an issue somewhere. You did make a bunch of changes to your hardware... I might also say CMOS reset.

14 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

Uhm, IDLE is 60. My PC only reaches 45 under LOAD.

The sensor isn't that accurate at low temps. The 60c is a faulty reading and you shouldn't worry about it. Just pay attention to the load temp. Your temps are fine. Lower your fans speeds if you find them too loud.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, rrubberr said:

Not to disagree with a moderator, but that seems like some mildly dangerous advice.

Which part is the dangerous advice?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The sensor isn't that accurate at low temps. The 60c is a faulty reading and you shouldn't worry about it. Just pay attention to the load temp. Your temps are fine. Lower your fans speeds if you find them too loud.

I mostly use MSI Afterburner on my FX 6350. I've used a laser thermometer, and its pretty damned close if not spot on. Now that I have an H100i, which has its own temperature gauge, I find this to be pretty far off. Any operating temperature I've had my CPU has been fine. No issues with ranges.

I find most people get confused with the thermal gradient that AMD uses. They don't neccessarily give you a temperature, instead they give you degrees until you max out.

Software and engineers have easily figured this one out.

CPU sitting at 60 degrees and is legitimately idling has an issue that should be identified. I would do the standard hardware check, clean and reseat the heatsink. Make sure the fan is blowing the correct direction and is properly attached. Clear CMOS incase any of the new hardware has caused any issues. Make sure OP was grounded when installing these components. And even go ahead and do some extensive anti-virus/malware scans to make sure none of those type of things are running in the background causing issues.

As an AMD CPU owner, I do not think sitting at 60C is normal. Not even on my stock AMD cooler. The cooler may not be the best, but it's not that bad.

13 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

giphy.gif

please, you certainly won't get marks against you just for disagreeing with a mod :P  And it would be useful to know what you are worried about in case you're right

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, Energycore said:

You have speedfan, so tell those fans to settle the fuck down xD

60C is very low temps. Tell it to stay at low RPM then ramp up when it hits 80C, or set up advanced fan control and you'll thank me later.

60C load is hot for AMD CPUs. Or normal, but on the hotter side. You are thinking of Intel CPUs. For any GPU that temp is fine for load temp.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv