Monitor burning smell?

Krigga
1 minute ago, Bcat00 said:

this is the time to return the monitor and go somewhere else to buy. Clearly that place have issues if you had to return a keyboard prior to this.

They have the cheapest prices though... I want to believe I'm just unlucky.

this is the time to return the monitor and go somewhere else to buy. Clearly that place have issues if you had to return a keyboard prior to this.

or just bad luck :P

my store pretty much knows me by name at this point, i somehow manage to get my hands on all their DOA's :D

You know theres probably a reason why they sell so cheap?

wink wink hint hint?

wink wink hint hint?

they cant really tell manufacturers "send me your rejects for a lower price"

you know ;)

2 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

wink wink hint hint?

Yeah. They have terrible customer service.

19 minutes ago, Krigga said:

Yeah. They have terrible customer service.

that *is* a reason to find a better retailer :D

22 minutes ago, Krigga said:
23 minutes ago, manikyath said:

unfortunate isnt it? i've been on that distance 3 times for a faulty router because i had the great luck of having all the DOA's in the pile.

either you suck it up and go the drive, or you deal with the potential of a puff of smoke at any time.

Well my Dad has to drive me so... 

I understand this, that sucks man,  When I was a youngster it was like pulling teeth to get my mother to drive me anywhere.  I also didn't have the internet to order stuff if i wanted.  :S

You don't want to risk it going down later when it is out of its return window or warranty.  

1 minute ago, djmoney said:

I understand this, that sucks man,  When I was a youngster it was like pulling teeth to get my mother to drive me anywhere.  I also didn't have the internet to order stuff if i wanted.  :S

You don't want to risk it going down later when it is out of its return window or warranty.  

i picked out a retailer that has a good phone service for this reason, they can tell me what to expect from warranty, and essentially have a replacement option ready if my worry is correct.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I've read up on this, Dell responded to a person with the same problem, I also have the problem at the moment and may be contacting the company I purchased the monitor from, however... Dell have said it's normal for a monitor to smell for a few days, apparently it's the chemical that the parts are sprayed with when it's being made, it takes a few days for the smell to go away, so I'm going to wait a few days and if it's not gone then I'll be contacting the company about it. It was the same as our new TV as well, it also had an odd smell coming from it for a few days, it seems fine now.

Take care.