Your gonna wanna see this (WHOA)!!!

Hello Internet!!!. (again :) ) so I have 2 monitors. 1 uses vga and the other uses vga and dvi-d. I only have 1 graphics card with 1 dvi-d, 2 dp and 2 hdmi. Is it possible to get a cable hat connect hdmi or dp to vga and will it work or it will be fake and just plug in and no signal will go through???

Thanks, 

asdhfgsd

Lmao, just because of the clickbait title, I'm not going to help you. 

Come on dude, really? 

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

Just now, ShadowDeity said:

Lmao, just because of the clickbait title, I'm not going to help you. 

Come on dude, really? 

i know, its low but please ust say yes or no if it will work man, ?

2 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

i know, its low but please ust say yes or no if it will work man, ?

Just because I'm Canadian, I'll be nice and help you ;)

From what I read, you're looking for an HDMI to VGA adapter? 

Like I'm really confused at what you're problem is/what you're asking...

Try this: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00879DM56?gclid=Cj0KEQiA-_HDBRD2lomhoufc1JkBEiQA0TVMmoR7IUM6Yi1M97xZnJ5jfW0mGRI4SMM71UArrQ7tewkaAq5J8P8HAQ

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

Dude, why? VGA isn't going to output to anything worth a damn, unless you're running Windows ME... The only feasible way I see for any of this is you get DVI to VGA adapter to connect to the VGA monitor from your 1 DVI port.. Then HDMI to DVI-D adapter for the second monitor from your HDMI port.

I would seriously say screw the dual screen setup and get a decent single monitor setup that supports HDMI and/or DP.

On 1/17/2017 at 3:39 PM, ShadowDeity said:

Just because I'm Canadian, I'll be nice and help you ;)

From what I read, you're looking for an HDMI to VGA adapter? 

Like I'm really confused at what you're problem is/what you're asking...

Try this: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00879DM56?gclid=Cj0KEQiA-_HDBRD2lomhoufc1JkBEiQA0TVMmoR7IUM6Yi1M97xZnJ5jfW0mGRI4SMM71UArrQ7tewkaAq5J8P8HAQ

thanks man, :) 

On 1/17/2017 at 3:52 PM, Ryujin2003 said:

Dude, why? VGA isn't going to output to anything worth a damn, unless you're running Windows ME... The only feasible way I see for any of this is you get DVI to VGA adapter to connect to the VGA monitor from your 1 DVI port.. Then HDMI to DVI-D adapter for the second monitor from your HDMI port.

I would seriously say screw the dual screen setup and get a decent single monitor setup that supports HDMI and/or DP.

I have no money left, my dad got it from his work and I though id try and setup dual monitor because its more effective 

6 hours ago, Riles4365 said:

I have no money left, my dad got it from his work and I though id try and setup dual monitor because its more effective 

If this is all you have, then I can understand that, but don't downgrade HDMI to VGA. That just sounds like a horrible idea. There is no single adapter. You'll have to go from HDMI to DVI to VGA. That uses x2 adapters. Otherwise, one adapter for DVI to VGA. The less adapters, the less issues with signal degradation. You'll experience this anyways with a VGA only monitor.

What is your GPU?

18 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

If this is all you have, then I can understand that, but don't downgrade HDMI to VGA. That just sounds like a horrible idea. There is no single adapter. You'll have to go from HDMI to DVI to VGA. That uses x2 adapters. Otherwise, one adapter for DVI to VGA. The less adapters, the less issues with signal degradation. You'll experience this anyways with a VGA only monitor.

What is your GPU?

Asus ROG GTX 1060 Strix

5 hours ago, Riles4365 said:

Asus ROG GTX 1060 Strix

You are really limiting yourself with VGA. I understand the desire to have dual screens, but I wouldn't put in the effort without it being something legitimate. I think you'd be better off buying a $70 TV, and plugging HDMI into that than using a VGA monitor.

As someone stated in another part of the forum, it's as if you just purchased a Porsche, but are putting the cheapest tires on it you can find. Yes, its a GTX 1060, but you're hobbling it with VGA.

It'll work if you get adapters, otherwise, get a new monitor please. Do yourself a favor.