Recommend a psu

Harshil1996

I am building a system with i7 6700k and a gtx titan x p

How much wattage psu should i get and yeah i am never going for sli but suggest me a good psu that can last for years to come for any single cards in future as you all know one cannot keep wasting money on upgrading PSUs only! I had thought about this one Coolermaster B700 is it good?

Screenshot_2017-01-17-07-52-03.png

2 minutes ago, Harshil1996 said:

I am building a system with i7 6700k and a gtx titan x p

How much wattage psu should i get and yeah i am never going for sli but suggest me a good psu that can last for years to come for any single cards in future as you all know one cannot keep wasting money on upgrading PSUs only! I had thought about this one Coolermaster B700 is it good?

Screenshot_2017-01-17-07-52-03.png

If you can afford a Titan X you can most certainly afford a better PSU. Get an EVGA G2 and don't worry about it. If, in your location, Cooler Master is one of the only options then get a V-series 650W.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I'd recommend an evga 650 watt G2 or G3, whichever is cheaper.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

I know guys you will recommend a best one but i had spend mostly everything on getting this titan( at first was getting 1080) so i want a budget psu thats why i am asking for something in less budget but apropriate for this build

I know Corsair vs is not reliable but what are your thoughts on Cx series or the coolermaster's thunder series?

4 minutes ago, Harshil1996 said:

I know Corsair vs is not reliable but what are your thoughts on Cx series or the coolermaster's thunder series?

Why the fuck are you (claiming to) buying a titan if you don't have money for a PSU?

I have money but i have other accesories to buy too thats why i dont want to spends much on a component that is not providing much benefit in performance! Whats the point in investing for a costlier component while there are midrange components that will do the job! 

If you are at my place lets say will you choose

1) Expensive 650 watt gold psu + gtx 1080

2) Any corsair/ seasonic/ CMs 650 watt psu + titan x p

Which provide better performance tell me?

32 minutes ago, Harshil1996 said:

I have money but i have other accesories to buy too thats why i dont want to spends much on a component that is not providing much benefit in performance! Whats the point in investing for a costlier component while there are midrange components that will do the job! 

because you could kill everything with a cheap psu. http://in.pcpartpicker.com/product/9TsKHx/antec-power-supply-tp750c

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

In my country the EVGA and seasonic doesnt give warranty properly that is the reason why i am intending to buy corsair's or CMs psu! I am considering Corsair's RM 650 if you can suggest me in that range then it willbe helpfull. 

33 minutes ago, Harshil1996 said:

Oh pls i am not telling that much cheap is the corsair RM 650 cheap?

It's a good one and also quote people so they know

@Energycore @STRMfrmXMN

2 hours ago, Harshil1996 said:

Well you dun fucked up, spending all your budget on a card that's probably way overkill for your needs.

The CX550M or CX650M are fine. Any other CX not so much.

Also look for a Seasonic S12II 520W or an XFX TS Bronze 550W.

Or a Super Flower Leadex Silver 550W, or Golden Green 550W.

Hmm what else in malaysia? Ah, Antec High Current Gamer 520W.

If you can't afford these, return the Titan X and get a 1080, for the love of Talos.

Edit: maybe that's not malaysia sorry if I confused the currency sign.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, Harshil1996 said:

If you are at my place lets say will you choose

1) Expensive 650 watt gold psu + gtx 1080

2) Any corsair/ seasonic/ CMs 650 watt psu + titan x p

Which provide better performance tell me?

What monitor do you have? If you don't have an expensive monitor, both 1080 and Titan X (Pascal) will not be used to their full power ever

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, Harshil1996 said:

"I bought a Ferrari and don't wash it ever because it doesn't effect performance!"

The logic of what you're doing is the same logic people who get in a lot of debt apply to buying ludicrous shit. I'd recommend returning the Titan if you seriously can't spend $80 on a PSU...

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Use LTT PSU tier list

Both have accurate tier listings. Use whichever.

4 hours ago, Harshil1996 said:

I know guys you will recommend a best one but i had spend mostly everything on getting this titan( at first was getting 1080) so i want a budget psu thats why i am asking for something in less budget but apropriate for this build

Just save up a few more dollars for a better PSU. A good PSU will save your hard owned cash. I would say atleast EGVA 650w G2. It has a 10 year warranty...  

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."