Media Wall

Good Day Everyone!

I just recently got back into computer modding, after a long stint of using Mac's and well... Not modding. I ran across the LTT Youtube channel several months ago, and have to say it has brought me back into the game, so I figured what would be better than to share my new idea and hopefully build with the LTT community.

I am the father of three quickly growing kids, and a dynamic shift has started in my household, I have gone from the primary  consumer of tech, to the secondary consumer, behind the three kids. Our demand for media, access, and gaming, is growing at an alarming rate. My mac book windows machine and xbox, is quickly becoming underwhelming. As a solution to the ever growing need for tech in my home, the media wall was conceived. The Plan:

Wall mount a PC that will act as a NAS/Media Server for the whole home. I have a man cave/ office that will house the machine, and because of that I wanted to make it a piece of art that could hang on the wall as much as an useful piece of equipment. I would love any feed back that you might have as this is simply in the planning stages of its life.

The build will consist of 2 Thermaltake Core P5's that for lack of a better term will be smooshed together to create what appears to be one large wall mounted unit (See crappy renders attached to this post). The tripple rad is overkill, however I think it will make for a great conversation pieces, and is for aesthetics only. I plan on running several HDD's in some sort of Raid setup with a single SSD OS drive. Hope to find a decent but not overly powerful GPU, again just for aesthetics. 

I will keep this updated as I make progress. Any input you might have at all would be amazing!

P5WaterCooling.jpg

P5WaterCooling2.jpg

23 minutes ago, HeroXLazer said:

What 3D program are you using?

Sketchup

1 hour ago, TheRoyalDoyle said:

Sketchup

Did you model everything or where did you find all those files for SketchUp?

I was about to talk about the 3 rad's but then i saw what you did say about them, ok, seems really overkill :D

Following this!

4 hours ago, snowPT said:

I was about to talk about the 3 rad's but then i saw what you did say about them, ok, seems really overkill :D

Following this!

HAHA yeah the Rads, are just there to fill some space, and look cool.

Added a unique element to the design. Custom Acrylic Windows molded below. I need to find someone that can cut these for me, will also look at etching some art work in the the center of the acrylic. Now do develop a hidden LED solution for the acrylic.

MediaWallWindow1.jpg

MediaWallWindow2.jpg

MediaWallWindow3.jpg

MediaWallWindow4.jpg

Shit load of mechanical storage there, Now if they were all 10TB drives that would be insane. Will be nice to watch this build come to life. MNPCTECH might be able to fab the windows for you. https://mnpctech.com/

Thermatake Tower 900 Build
Intel® Core™ i7-7700K @5.3GHz -2AVX / ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX + EK-FB ASUS M9A Monoblock 
ROG-POSEIDON-GTX1080TI 11Gb @2114MHz/5780Mhz / DIMM.2 970 EVO 2TB NVMe PCIe M.2 x2 RAID 0
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 80+ PLATINUM / Hisense 65" H9 Plus 4k HDR

On 1/22/2017 at 10:03 AM, H3LLSMAN said:

Shit load of mechanical storage there, Now if they were all 10TB drives that would be insane. Will be nice to watch this build come to life. MNPCTECH might be able to fab the windows for you. https://mnpctech.com/

Thank You, I will be running unRAID OS, so I can scale the storage in a RAID 5 array whenever, I will start with affordable storage and slowly bring it to SUPER DUPE storage... whatever that is. I will check out mnpctech. Thanks!

On 1/22/2017 at 0:03 PM, H3LLSMAN said:

magnetic

FTFY

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a wallmounted computer with my HDD bolted to the metal backboard using motherboard risers. It's quite audible when it spins up and is reading/writing, like when playing a movie or if I have torrents seeding/downloading. Do you have a plan for mounting the hard drives, or how did you do it, and did you include some kind of vibration dampening?