Steam has me limited account but use it all the time

GanstaKingofSA

I getting tired of Steam or Valve

I use my main Steam account all the time and have games that were given to be via codes and for free, but still they refuse to make me have all the features unlocked until I pay them 5 bucks because they think I am a bot. Can I just call Steam and tell them I use it all the time so I can bypass this pay for features.

Why not just buy a game? Or maybe even just add $5 to your wallet?

You not being a bot isn't really relevant. That's how they set their system up, and it works very well.

Steam is a game distribution platform, so it's kind of expected that you'll buy a game at some point. It's just part of using the platform.

In any event, they keep track of the money spent by an account and even apply limits that weren't pre-existing to accounts if they drop below $5 due to refunds or something, so asking them to make an exception for you would be much more than simply asking them to tick a box off.

Think of it this way: Steam is a service that Valve spends quite a lot of money to run, so they lock off a number of features until an account spends a certain small amount of money to ease traffic (to make it easier to run the service) and to make sure that they're getting something back. What you're saying is that you've earned free access to those features by using up their resources without giving them anything back.

So just spend $5. It's not like it's a subscription, it's not like you're spending money on only those privileges, they've made it very easy. Just use the service for what it was designed for: Buying games.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

I mean you could get a five dollar footlong sub... 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

You haven't paid a cent to steam/valve and expect them to give you access to their full services and features? You're lucky they aren't serving you ads for being a "free" user.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, BadluckBrian said:

I mean you could get a five dollar footlong sub... 

They're only around 10.5 inches In length actually.

1 hour ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

And also not $5.

10 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

And also not $5.

And it's not an actual submarine either.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

Guys you're destroying my psyche with these subway truth bombs :(

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

2 hours ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

1 hour ago, Dash Lambda said:

And also not $5.

57 minutes ago, Gale said:

And it's not an actual submarine either.

my life is a lie. *jump off roof*

On 1/16/2017 at 6:25 PM, GanstaKingofSA said:

I getting tired of Steam or Valve

I use my main Steam account all the time and have games that were given to be via codes and for free, but still they refuse to make me have all the features unlocked until I pay them 5 bucks because they think I am a bot. Can I just call Steam and tell them I use it all the time so I can bypass this pay for features.

that's like saying "I use youtube everyday, I am going to contact them and tell them to give me YoutubeRed for free, because I use it everyday".

4 hours ago, Caleb SF said:

that's like saying "I use youtube everyday, I am going to contact them and tell them to give me YoutubeRed for free, because I use it everyday".

Valve doesn't even want you to commit, they just want you to actually use the service once. I'm sure the OP just didn't understand the reasoning behind the lockout, but plenty of people don't care and just want special privileges. Some people get so entitled.

On 1/22/2017 at 9:47 PM, Dash Lambda said:

Valve doesn't even want you to commit, they just want you to actually use the service once. I'm sure the OP just didn't understand the reasoning behind the lockout, but plenty of people don't care and just want special privileges. Some people get so entitled.

Yeah and honestly I'd gladly pay $5 to valve for steam. It's the absolute best platform for pc gaming.