Monitor Sync help

Guitarbill13

Hello guys, new member here from Greece and i need your help please!! :)

First of all, my system is fx 8350, 8gb 1866Hz ram, Gigabyte G1 Gaming gtx 1070. I am planning to upgrade to a 1440p monitor, now i use a 60Hz LG IPS one (23mp67vq). I have two questions i need help with.

1st: Can the 8350 handle the 1440p resolution at higher than 60fps??  and if yes, how stable/consistent will it be???

2nd (and most important): If i buy a freesync 1440p monitor, will i be able to benefit the 144Hz refresh rate or without amd gpu i lose everything of it???  

G-sync are way too expensive, not even thinking of buying one :)

Thanks in advance   :D

1. Yes, it's the GPU that drives resilution, not CPU

2. If the monitor is 144Hz then Freesync or G-Sync it will able to do that. 

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

1. Yes, it's the GPU that drives resilution, not CPU

2. If the monitor is 144Hz then Freesync or G-Sync it will able to do that. 

A crappy CPU like the 8350 will still reduce performance that the PGU could otherwise provide with a better CPU.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

A crappy CPU like the 8350 will still reduce performance that the PGU could otherwise provide with a better CPU.

He did not specify what he was doing with it though

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

He did not specify what he was doing with it though

He is gaming.......

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

well yeah, mostly i am gaming and some slightly video edit because i am starting to work on my youtube channel ( btw  https://www.youtube.com/user/GuitarBill13/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd   some self promotion is never bad, in case you wanna support you new friend   xD  )

I know that the 8350 will not get the full potential out of the 1070 but i will upgrade it at some point... (i didn't even buy the gpu, it was a gift..so :P  )

but anyway, y gaming mostly......So i will get the 144Hz refresh rate of the freesync monitor with the nvidia gpu but i can not use the freesync feature, right??