Dashcam Roundup

1 minute ago, thebrain said:

anyone suggest the capacity of the sd card when coming to single 1080 p dashcam recording?

32GB is always a good shout. I use a 64GB card in mine but I'm running at 1440p in fairness. Considering in the event of an accident you're likely to export the video straight away you shouldn't need to go too crazy.

3 hours ago, LordTaylor said:

32GB is always a good shout. I use a 64GB card in mine but I'm running at 1440p in fairness. Considering in the event of an accident you're likely to export the video straight away you shouldn't need to go too crazy.

yea, I won't leave evidence sitting to be over written when I can use it to my advantage. lol. now time to wait for discounted 32gb sd cards.

20 hours ago, thebrain said:

anyone suggest the capacity of the sd card when coming to single 1080 p dashcam recording?

According to the user manual for the Zero Edge Z3 that I own, an 8GB card holds approx 70min, 16GB at 140min, 32GB at 280min, and 64 at 350min.

I would assume most camera manuals will have similar information, though it may vary from camera to camera.

The size of your card would really depend on what you want to do. Are you just using it for accident documenting and will basically never access the card unless a collision occurs? 8GB is probably all you need, because you only care about the most recent footage.

Are you wanting to document stupid things drivers do around you, or your road trips? You'll probably want a larger card. Be sure to check the maximum size supported by your camera, the Zero Edge Z3 has a max card of 64GB for example.

Be careful and check the speed class recommendation too! The minimum speed the Z3 supports is a class 6 card. If your card is too slow, it will cause issues with recording data.

18 hours ago, Seventhpaw said:

According to the user manual for the Zero Edge Z3 that I own, an 8GB card holds approx 70min, 16GB at 140min, 32GB at 280min, and 64 at 350min.

I would assume most camera manuals will have similar information, though it may vary from camera to camera.

The size of your card would really depend on what you want to do. Are you just using it for accident documenting and will basically never access the card unless a collision occurs? 8GB is probably all you need, because you only care about the most recent footage.

Are you wanting to document stupid things drivers do around you, or your road trips? You'll probably want a larger card. Be sure to check the maximum size supported by your camera, the Zero Edge Z3 has a max card of 64GB for example.

Be careful and check the speed class recommendation too! The minimum speed the Z3 supports is a class 6 card. If your card is too slow, it will cause issues with recording data.

thank you for the post. I'll take a look into the mini speed requirements.