hyperx cloud II or SHP9500 w/ vmoda boommike?

Lethalmonk

So i am considaring getting a head set. shoudl i get the hyperx cloud 2 or shp9500 w a vmoda boom mic?

Also the hyper x comes with a usb sound card while the headphone mic duo does not. Should i invest in one or what?

shp9500 + vmoda boompro is surperior in almost everything so take that.

1 minute ago, HydraGaming said:

shp9500 + vmoda boompro is surperior in almost everything so take that.

thanks, do u have one? also will i need a usb amplifier? also will the audiotechnas athad500x be better?

11 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

thanks, do u have one? also will i need a usb amplifier? also will the audiotechnas athad500x be better?

No, no and not sure. Go watch reviews for them and try to imagine which you'll enjoy more.

Hey! I had 3 pairs of HyperX Cloud 2s and I loved them... until they broke. I, too, was eyeing the SHP9500 and BoomPro, and I decided to go for it. I can now say after a few month of use, I fully recommend the SHP9500 + BoomPro combo over the Cloud 2s. The open back design gives you a much larger soundstage and clearer sound tan the hyperx headset ever will be and 2, for the same price you get much better sound and a mic that is basically the same. SHP9500 + BoomPro FTW

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

18 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

1. yes

2. no

3. better in comfort and build quality, but you'll have a harder time with the mic.

3 minutes ago, kaisei said:

1. yes

2. no

3. better in comfort and build quality, but you'll have a harder time with the mic.

Whats wrong with the mic?

2 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

Whats wrong with the mic?

the ad500x dont have a detachable cable you can plug the vmoda boompro into.

3 minutes ago, Festive said:

Hey! I had 3 pairs of HyperX Cloud 2s and I loved them... until they broke. I, too, was eyeing the SHP9500 and BoomPro, and I decided to go for it. I can now say after a few month of use, I fully recommend the SHP9500 + BoomPro combo over the Cloud 2s. The open back design gives you a much larger soundstage and clearer sound tan the hyperx headset ever will be and 2, for the same price you get much better sound and a mic that is basically the same. SHP9500 + BoomPro FTW

any negatives or regrets?

2 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

the ad500x dont have a detachable cable you can plug the vmoda boompro into.

true, thanks:)

12 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

any negatives or regrets?

why did u have 3 hyper x 2?

20 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

why did u have 3 hyper x 2?

because they kept breaking

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

3 minutes ago, Festive said:

oh lol, areu using the audio controller for the hypercloud 2 on the shp9500?

3 hours ago, Lethalmonk said:

Also the hyper x comes with a usb sound card while the headphone mic duo does not. Should i invest in one or what?

Any computer that's not a cheap Dell laptop (I am looking at you, Inspiron 3000!!!) will have a decent sound card so don't worry about that. I say that because the audio sounded noticeably better on my previous HP and Toshiba laptops. 

Anyway, the Philips SHP 9500 really don't need an amp at all. That said, the Philips don't feel solid to me. They're made out of this hard plastic. I am not worried about it however since I just leave them home, out of harm's way (a.k.a. book bag full of heavy books). 

2 hours ago, Lethalmonk said:

oh lol, areu using the audio controller for the hypercloud 2 on the shp9500?

Nope

•  

3 hours ago, Festive said:

do u use surround sound?

9 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

do u use surround sound?

No, its bad for CSGO. It isnt true 7.1 surround, its software simulated so it sounds like dogshit.

•  

53 minutes ago, Festive said:

No, its bad for CSGO. It isnt true 7.1 surround, its software simulated so it sounds like dogshit.

One last thing, how is the bass compared to they hypercloud 2?

2 hours ago, Lethalmonk said:

One last thing, how is the bass compared to they hypercloud 2?

Much better, and clearer. They are a joy to listen to bass heavy music on.

•