Fan Config & Curves help

R3play

Hi there,

So I got the following setup in my case.
Setup.jpg

Now I was wondering if anyone could help me what the "best" fan curves are for these so that it is silent, but efficiently cooling.
Thanks in advance!

run the AIO fans as low as you like where they keep thermals fine, keep the rear lowish and the 2 front have moderately high if you want positive pressure

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

What are your specs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Curves are really personal thing. What are the fans on each region, can you control them individually or in groups, what are the groups.

Personally I've limited my GPU fan to 45% max. It runs at 25% idle. CPU fans and case fans are limited to 80%. With CPU fans running at 10% lowest and case fans (because they are 3pins) 30%. All curves are smooth ones with gradual increase.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your specs?

Asus STRIX X99 Motherboard
Intel i7 6800K @ 4.2GHz (overclocked)
Asus GTX STRIX 1070
32GB Corsair RAM @ 2666Mhz

11 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Curves are really personal thing. What are the fans on each region, can you control them individually or in groups, what are the groups.

Personally I've limited my GPU fan to 45% max. It runs at 25% idle. CPU fans and case fans are limited to 80%. With CPU fans running at 10% lowest and case fans (because they are 3pins) 30%. All curves are smooth ones with gradual increase.

I can control each fan individually

3 hours ago, R3play said:

Asus GTX STRIX 1070

What case fans are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, R3play said:

Asus GTX STRIX 1070

Set front fans to follow GPU temp and exhausts to follow CPU temp. You need to know what is idle /low load temp for each component. Next check at what speed you want fan to run at max. Set fan to low speed when component is at low use and max to temps component would reach when under stress load. Between those limits it's up to you. I like gradual curve over stepped or logarithmic.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What case fans are you using?

Using NZXT AER 140mm fans 

4 hours ago, R3play said:

Using NZXT AER 140mm fans 

Start the front fans speeds at as high as possible before noise becomes too noticeable. You can have them get faster depending on the rest of system temps or leave them at that speed. Have the rear and graphics card fans go to 20% or as low as possible as long as the gpu is under 60c and have them ramp up to 100% at 90c.

The h110i fans should follow the same logic but for the cpu. 

Not sure why you would want to do anything with the psu fan. 

On 18-1-2017 at 9:06 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Start the front fans speeds at as high as possible before noise becomes too noticeable. You can have them get faster depending on the rest of system temps or leave them at that speed. Have the rear and graphics card fans go to 20% or as low as possible as long as the gpu is under 60c and have them ramp up to 100% at 90c.

The h110i fans should follow the same logic but for the cpu. 

Not sure why you would want to do anything with the psu fan. 

Thanks!