Vr or not to vr

thomas3010

My friend said it's fun to race in VR. But he has the razer VR which is only 1920 x 1080, so it bothers him a bit.

PC Specs?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

do you have the PC to drive it, and the budget for the headset?

then sure otherwise, dont bother.

I have project cars. And own an HTC Vive. It's been 4 months since I've tried Project Cars last. Let's just say looking around your car is great and an awesome experience. Any thing that is 10 to 20ft away in the games looks decent. Look 100ft down the road and some how the game has transformed from realistic graphics to an early version of Mario Kart... to say the least I was disappointed.  But that's the only Racing game I've tried. I've had good and great experiences with other games though. Project Cars just wasn't one of them.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

For only racing games? Not necessarily worth it. Like @xboxonthego3 said, you trade graphics for immersion at a level that's not necessarily worth it. I have only driven Euro Truck Simulator 2 (with Oculus Rift), it's a novelty but nowhere near as transformational as with something like Serious Sam or interactive games.

Find a store with good return policy and try it out.

Gtx 1080 32gb 3200 i7 7700k 250ssd 

Oculus rift newest one