Steam refunds

Joelbanks5
4 hours ago, Joelbanks5 said:

I contacted support (well since they don't just give you an email I had to contact the wrong support through wallet code broken) and they just said no to me, I said no right back at em lol. but is there any other way if that doesn't work? maybe contact them again and hope I get a nicer support assistant?

The fact that they accept no-question refunds to begin with is nice.  Expecting them to break the rules for you isn't nice.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Steam has clearly stated policies OP. No amount of emailing is going to get them to break said policies unless you have some really extenuating circumstance that'll get them good PR on every game website. And even then, probably not.

16 minutes ago, mcfly said:

Hey, if I bought a can of soup last year and realized I never ate it, can I get a refund?

At Costco, probably.

I do remember buying year old rice cakes from Vons and got a return on that. But I guess that's different.

1 hour ago, mcfly said:

Hey, if I bought a can of soup last year and realized I never ate it, can I get a refund?

at Publix yes, but broken games and food are 2 completely different things. 

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Steam has clearly stated policies OP. No amount of emailing is going to get them to break said policies unless you have some really extenuating circumstance that'll get them good PR on every game website. And even then, probably not.

At Costco, probably.

I do remember buying year old rice cakes from Vons and got a return on that. But I guess that's different.

what surprises me is that they'd even sell broken games that have been broken for years. also show me where it's clearly stated.

1 minute ago, Joelbanks5 said:

what surprises me is that they'd even sell broken games that have been broken for years. also show me where it's clearly stated.

http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

I mean, I guess it's not in your face on every page of the store that says:

Spoiler

You can get a refund if you play this game for less than two hours or it's been in your library for less than 14 days

"Broken" is also subjective at worst, because it could work for my PC but not for your PC.

13 hours ago, Joelbanks5 said:

I contacted support (well since they don't just give you an email I had to contact the wrong support through wallet code broken) and they just said no to me, I said no right back at em lol. but is there any other way if that doesn't work? maybe contact them again and hope I get a nicer support assistant?

Company policy. Being nice doesn't work over phone (and rarely in general for sweaty nerds anyway) when employee who is handling it might face warning from boss.

13 hours ago, Joelbanks5 said:

why exactly is steam better than origin or uplay?

More games, more popular multiplayer games and better community features. Origin still has better support.

13 hours ago, aisle9 said:

More games, broader support, not run by EA or Ubisoft.

By broad you mean what? EA has had better support for whole lifetime of Origin.

13 hours ago, TAHIRMIA said:

1 thing I hate about steam support!

NO FUCKING PHONE NUMBER-You have to wait for them to reply to you and it takes soo long

If they had phone support, it would be either international calls = expensive. Or outsourced to someone whose english is worse than mine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, Joelbanks5 said:

yeah, uh no, every place I've purchased something they've made it very clear what their refund policy is, steam is the only one that IK of that hasn't done this.

If clearly explaining the refund policy here and linking to it from the Store page isn't enough, what more do you want? Should you have to scroll through it all and click a confirmation every time you make a Steam purchase? Even then, the kind of customer that's meant to help is the kind of customer who probably still wouldn't read it. I think it's a lot more reasonable to practice responsible consumerism and use the information that's available to you.

9 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If they had phone support, it would be either international calls = expensive. Or outsourced to someone whose english is worse than mine.

I suppose but I still think it would be better than waiting for emails back and forth. I don't think they would charge that much if they did it would suck and there would be no point

Hello

I think most of us agree that it's ridiculous of you to expect people to completely circumvent the refund system for you, especially when you're rude to them. If you were super nice, you MIGHT get them to give you a refund after 15 days. You're still asking for more than you deserve though. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I understand that they have to stick to their policies, but come on, there are some cases where they should make some kind of exception. I bought Witcher 1. Downloaded it the same day that i bought it and it failed to launch. I had to go to CDPR's website and put a launch command on the game. Even then, several graphics settings were locked on the minimal settings, and the res was also locked at 720p. Even with mods downloaded, the game still ran like shit, and that res was painful to watch. Now i'm stuck with a broken game and steam refuses to do something about it just because i played it for a bit more than 2 hours. Everyone talks about how good their CS is, i'm not that impressed.

2 hours ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

Now i'm stuck with a broken game and steam refuses to do something about it just because i played it for a bit more than 2 hours. Everyone talks about how good their CS is, i'm not that impressed.

There's nothing you can do at this point.  Their ToS was pretty clear on this matter, and I doubt they'll do anything to help.  Also I never recall anyone saying Steam's customer support being worth a damn.  The people I know who have dealt with steam support loathed the automated ticket system, and frankly the only reason they have a return policy in some countries is due to various lawsuits.  Even then Valve tried to bullshit their way out of it with ToS updates.  

tl;dr: you are boned.  I doubt you'll get any sympathy on the grounds that Valve simply doesn't care.