Steam refunds

Joelbanks5

So I recently learned that I can get refunds on steam games, I never knew this before. I have some games that have like only 5 mins of play time or in my case troubleshooting time on them because they didn't work (one being the settlers rise of an empire) but they're well past the refund date (over a year). How do I get a refund on my games if the robot already declined my refund request.

Email support. They might take pity, or they might ask why it took you a year to contact them, then say no.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, aisle9 said:

Email support. They might take pity, or they might ask why it took you a year to contact them, then say no.

I contacted support (well since they don't just give you an email I had to contact the wrong support through wallet code broken) and they just said no to me, I said no right back at em lol. but is there any other way if that doesn't work? maybe contact them again and hope I get a nicer support assistant?

1 minute ago, Joelbanks5 said:

I contacted support (well since they don't just give you an email I had to contact the wrong support through wallet code broken) and they just said no to me, I said no right back at em lol. but is there any other way if that doesn't work? maybe contact them again and hope I get a nicer support assistant?

Won't work :(

Just now, Joelbanks5 said:

No, its only within like 14 days of purchase, not like 6 years after you buy it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

3 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

Nope. You're just like the rest of us now, with 10 Steam games that we actually play and 60 that we look at and go, "Why did I buy that?".

Just now, aisle9 said:

Nope. You're just like the rest of us now, with 10 Steam games that we actually play and 60 that we look at and go, "Why did I buy that?".

why exactly is steam better than origin or uplay?

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

But Steam sales... 95% off....

More games.

More games, broader support, not run by EA or Ubisoft.

7 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

maybe contact them again and hope I get a nicer support assistant?

Pretty sure steam has ONE single guy that does all their customer support. That's why their support is so painfully bad. Seems like you're stuck with some extra games m8. Next time follow the guidelines and do it within 14 days.

When in doubt, re-format.

Because it is much more widely adopted. It has been around for much longer, and it just tends to work better. Also, the sales cant be beat.

When in doubt, re-format.

Just now, pwn_intended said:

Pretty sure steam has ONE single guy that does all their customer support. That's why their support is so painfully bad. Seems like you're stuck with some extra games m8. Next time follow the guidelines and do it within 14 days.

I was not aware steam even allowed refunds until yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

I was not aware steam even allowed refunds until yesterday.

Ignorance is not an excuse.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

if you want a refund after the specified time period you need a really good reason. like maybe if you are starving or the game dev wouldnt fix game breaking bugs or something like that 

1 thing I hate about steam support!

NO FUCKING PHONE NUMBER-You have to wait for them to reply to you and it takes soo long

Hello

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

not ignorance, I read through their agreement shit the first time I bought something from steam and nowhere did it talk about refunds. I just read through it again and still nothing.

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

if you want a refund after the specified time period you need a really good reason. like maybe if you are starving or the game dev wouldnt fix game breaking bugs or something like that 

that's exactly what I'm trying to do, if you google the settlers rise of an empire memory error, you'll find that problem has been around for a long time and never fixed, there are also no fixes that worked for me.

4 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

If you'd like I can copy and paste it here for you to read through.

4 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

not ignorance, I read through their agreement shit the first time I bought something from steam and nowhere did it talk about refunds. I just read through it again and still nothing.

that's exactly what I'm trying to do, if you google the settlers rise of an empire memory error, you'll find that problem has been around for a long time and never fixed, there are also no fixes that worked for me.

if you tell them that the game is unplayable because of that they might give it to you. if not then you're out of luck

Just now, spartaman64 said:

if you tell them that the game is unplayable because of that they might give it to you. if not then you're out of luck

I will just tell them they're out of luck lol

If you'd like I can copy and paste it here for you to read through.

If you're talking about an EULAs, they typically do not have return or refund information in them.

The fact of the matter is you did not research Steam's return or refund agreement before your purchase. That is not their fault, that is not the developer's fault, that is your fault. Own it.

*chuckle* WOW... 

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, knightslugger said:

If you're talking about an EULAs, they typically do not have return or refund information in them.

The fact of the matter is you did not research Steam's return or refund agreement before your purchase. That is not their fault, that is not the developer's fault, that is your fault. Own it.

*chuckle* WOW... 

yeah, uh no, every place I've purchased something they've made it very clear what their refund policy is, steam is the only one that IK of that hasn't done this.

You can't wait that long and expect a refund on anything. That's ridiculous.

49 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

You said no to...what?

If you're over the return date, you're over the return date. Your lack of knowledge is irrelevant.

18 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

Did you Google "steam refund"? Comes up pretty quickly. That's the first thing I'd do if a game wasn't working. Try to return it. Or find a fix.

Did you know of the problem before you bought the game?

12 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

That doesn't even make sense. They already have your money.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

13 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

yeah, uh no, every place I've purchased something they've made it very clear what their refund policy is, steam is the only one that IK of that hasn't done this.

Steam is no different. It's all laid out right there on the support page. Hell all i had to do was google "Steam Refund policy".

Again, ignorance is not an excuse. you failed to read their published refund policy before your purchase, and when you encountered an unplayable game you could not be bothered to look it up or ask for support. You're just looking to cash in on your bad decisions. I'm afraid you've made your bed on this one and i have absolutely no pity for you.

System specs: