I have ordered 2 Titan X for SLi and 4K.

Techno_Reverend
Go to solution Solved by Megah3rtz,
3 minutes ago, Techno_Reverend said:

So just here to hate?

ok

SLI has issues with some games with frame times causing stuttering. There's not really any work arounds, but its not like running off a single titan X is a bad thing either if you have to. 

3 minutes ago, Techno_Reverend said:

I have cancelled my CPU order and went for the 6900K, i was lucky i was able to rectify it.

Lol, you are really set on spending as much money as possible, aren't you?  At least you're set for the next 15 years. xD

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

8 hours ago, done12many2 said:

People have been parroting the same old shit for years now.  It's so bad now, that people that literally have no experience on the topic (self-proclaimed subject matter experts) talk about shit that they've never even tried.  It makes them feel better about their current setup.

Spot on.  I've been happily running SLI'd systems for... uh...  Jesus I'm old.  Let's just say: a whole bunch of years.  The only problems I've ever had with SLI are related to specific games.  Not anything due to SLI in and of itself.

Current examples include Ubi's Rainbow Six Siege: it does very poorly with SLI enabled.  In fact, you'll reduce your frame rate (anywhere from 20-30FPS!) with it enabled.  Ubi's never admitted to the problem and I don't think they'll ever fix it.

Battlefield 1, since the Fall update, has taken a bad turn with its SLI support.  Lots of screen flickering in the background, on menus, etc.  Disable SLI for the game and everything clears up.  Last I heard Dice and NVidia were trying to figure this one out.

As for the cards in question: I really wouldn't run them on air.  I have a pair of them being water cooled.  The noise will be a bit obnoxious.  But the cards will do what you want.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

32 minutes ago, jasonvp said:

Spot on.  I've been happily running SLI'd systems for... uh...  Jesus I'm old.  Let's just say: a whole bunch of years.  The only problems I've ever had with SLI are related to specific games.  Not anything due to SLI in and of itself.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what people were saying. SLI causes problems in some games, so just run it on one card to fix it. 

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

4 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what people were saying. SLI causes problems in some games, so just run it on one card to fix it. 

Updates cause the issues in games. When a game runs flawless for months then all of a sudden doesn't, has nothing to do with sli if it was developer implemented. Bf1 is a clear example of that. That's also only in the menu as the game still runs perfect with two cards. one card isn't a fix, its a sacrifice.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

11 hours ago, App4that said:

There are no issues with SLI. No stuttering. 

I run 2 980ti every day.

G-sync helps too :)

2 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Updates cause the issues in games. When a game runs flawless for months then all of a sudden doesn't, has nothing to do with sli if it was developer implemented. Bf1 is a clear example of that. That's also only in the menu as the game still runs perfect with two cards. one card isn't a fix, its a sacrifice.

That's exactly what we were all saying. No need to be so touchy. 

10 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

That's exactly what we were all saying. No need to be so touchy. 

That who's saying? Not to sli because of a menu glitch? I'd take better gameplay any day. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

That who's saying? Not to sli because of a menu glitch? I'd take better gameplay any day. 

That not all games run well under SLI, and it's the developers fault when it doesn't. 

4 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

That not all games run well under SLI, and it's the developers fault when it doesn't. 

Yea and people should be smart enough to do the research and decide what works for them. Haven't played a game yet that doesn't but I'm also not gonna cry when I have to use a single card. Do it every day just because it doesn't matter. 

1 hour ago, Mick Naughty said:

Yea and people should be smart enough to do the research and decide what works for them. Haven't played a game yet that doesn't but I'm also not gonna cry when I have to use a single card. Do it every day just because it doesn't matter. 

Nobody cried, or said it was a bad idea.  You're the only one upset here.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Nobody cried, or said it was a bad idea.  You're the only one upset here.

It would appear so.  Crying that two cards are better then one. Simple concept but yet it still needs explaining. 

1 minute ago, Mick Naughty said:

It would appear so.  Crying that two cards are better then one. Simple concept but yet it still needs explaining. 

Nobody said that two cards weren't better than one.  It's like you just really wanted to be mad at something, but couldn't find it, so you just made your own scenario and started complaining about things that were never said.

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Nobody said that two cards weren't better than one.  It's like you just really wanted to be mad at something, but couldn't find it, so you just made your own scenario and started complaining about things that were never said.

Sure. Just sticking with the times. Everyone else doing it. 

On 1/16/2017 at 0:01 PM, done12many2 said:

There are folks doing dumber shit out there, so yeah, why not.  

There's also this option.

computer-fan-1.jpg

That looks suspiciously like my first computer.  It was a Sony refurbished pc that if I recall correctly was a 233Mhz Pentium w/MMX and came with an ATI Rage2 graphics card.  It was in my dorm when the "smart" guy across the hall set off the sprinkler system because he was hanging laundry to dry from the ceiling spigots.  It wouldn't work at all for a month and then I finally got the insurance company to sign off on replacing it pending an inspection and I took it to a repair place only to have it power right up like a champ.  However, it would overheat within a few minutes at home if the side door was on so I ended up running it like the one in the picture for another month or so before I got a cheap replacement (and a year later built my first custom PC).

techno really happy for you i just hope nothing goes wrong with watercooling  waiting for my new pc parts to arive hope you shjare some stuff about the pc when you've built it ^^