Price check

Hey everyone, I wanted to see if I can get any help figuring out pricing for my laptop, I posted it on eBay for $1,000 and immediately got an offer from a person, which I denied because the account had been made yesterday, so I thought it was fishy. Today I woke up and someone already bought it they say, just awaiting payment. So I'm feeling like maybe I should sell it higher? Specs to follow.

Asus ROG G751JT

Intel Core i7 4710HQ 2.5Ghz

RAM 16GB Kingston HyperX Impact  (I replaced the original ones)

1TB Hard Drive

Nvidia GTX 970M

Thank you for all your comments!

The laptop itself seems to be going new for £1,199.99 ($1446.27). So depending on wear/useage/age then it's just what you think really. 

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

1 minute ago, Rhyss said:

The laptop itself seems to be going new for £1,199.99 ($1446.27). So depending on wear/useage/age then it's just what you think really. 

Where did you check this? Because here in the US I only find it $1100 used and $1700-1800 new. And all the ones on eBay are damaged in some way. Mine is perfect.

2 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

You got a good price, I wouldn't of paid $1000aud for that, let alone USD. Good work dude!

Well, I'm scared it might be a scam because I'm still waiting payment. This is my first time selling on eBay so I'm not that comfortable.

1 minute ago, Miguel552 said:

Where did you check this? Because here in the US I only find it $1100 used and $1700-1800 new. And all the ones on eBay are damaged in some way. Mine is perfect.

Well, I'm scared it might be a scam because I'm still waiting payment. This is my first time selling on eBay so I'm not that comfortable.

I wouldn't worry too much, wait till you've been paid, mail it with some sort of registered tracking and grab your money. Then cry at the 10% cut ebay will take. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

4 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

I wouldn't worry too much, wait till you've been paid, mail it with some sort of registered tracking and grab your money. Then cry at the 10% cut ebay will take. 

10% seriously? If I had known that I would have asked for more D:

11 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

You got a good price, I wouldn't of paid $1000aud for that, let alone USD. Good work dude!

AUD is lower than USD. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

4 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

10% seriously? If I had known that I would have asked for more D:

I hope you're not being paid via paypal either

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

I hope you're not being paid via paypal either

I am....that's another 5% I think

I am....that's another 5% I think

3% + .30c I thought it was 

3 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

AUD is lower than USD. 

I know, and similar spec wise for a new laptop here is around $1200aud, hence why I see a grand as a good price that op got. Given its now 'rog' but that thats not something i'd care about personally.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

3 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

3% + .30c I thought it was 

I'll double check, I remember it was 5%. But I was ready to get that off, didn't know eBay does also. 

2 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Given its now 'rog'

What do you mean with this?

I don't mind ebay. 10% is a lot but they always do that, I just mark up my items a lot and then sell it. 

18 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

1st resuklt that comes up on google shows pricing at scan.co.uk (good UK tech e-seller).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I'll double check, I remember it was 5%. But I was ready to get that off, didn't know eBay does also. 

Depends if you've a sellers account or not. but yes the fees on ebay hit hard at times, funny they also own paypal.

2 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

What do you mean with this?

Typo i meant a similar speced laptop here that isn't asus rog usually go for $1200~ new. Rog branded products down here seem to have a silly mark up on them.

2 minutes ago, Shog said:

I don't mind ebay. 10% is a lot but they always do that, I just mark up my items a lot and then sell it. 

I know, I didn't know they did... I would've made the price higher.

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

asus RepublicOfGamers

I didn't mean what ROG meant, I meant, what did you mean by the sentence, I don't understand it. Given its now a ROG. It's always been a ROG.

1 minute ago, it_dont_work said:

Depends if you've a sellers account or not. but yes the fees on ebay hit hard at times, funny they also own paypal.

Typo i meant a similar speced laptop here that isn't asus rog usually go for $1200~ new. Rog branded products down here seem to have a silly mark up on them.

Ahh, there and everywhere else haha.

I guess I'll have to deal with the $100 loss.

4 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

I know, I didn't know they did... I would've made the price higher.

I didn't mean what ROG meant, I meant, what did you mean by the sentence, I don't understand it. Given its now a ROG. It's always been a ROG.

You can kind of scam people and say "It's a ROG laptop" and stuff to Asus fanboys (allowing you to increase the price drastically)

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

You can kind of scam people and say "It's a ROG laptop" and stuff to Asus fanboys (allowing you to increase the price drastically)

Well, I don't know if I should cancel the sale that's in process right now to bump the price to accommodate that 10% cut... feels wrong to me.

Well, I don't know if I should cancel the sale that's in process right now to bump the price to accommodate that 10% cut... feels wrong to me.

If you planned on having that 1000$ I'd cancel it. but if you're just selling it because you don't want it and its worth a penny I'd just be a budd and leave it. Or you could talk to the buyer and he might feel for ya.  

That's pretty darned expensive imo.... I would have never paid that... Be careful those aren't scams.

1 hour ago, Miguel552 said:

Here is where I saw it. Just googled the laptop and clicked the first link haha.

As for selling on eBay - you'll be fine. You're covered by Paypal and eBay. Take photos of the laptop before you ship it if you want to be extra careful and as someone mentioned above, make sure you ship it with tracking. Is the eBay user that bought the item established or is it a new account? As in is there any feedback for the buyers account? 

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

1 hour ago, Megah3rtz said:

If you planned on having that 1000$ I'd cancel it. but if you're just selling it because you don't want it and its worth a penny I'd just be a budd and leave it. Or you could talk to the buyer and he might feel for ya.  

I needed the $1000, because I want to buy anew i5 6500 for my desktop ($200) and was planning on buying the new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop which is $800. I still need a laptop for school and travel, just not something as big as the Asus. But I don't want to feel like a butt and come back from the deal. I guess I'll contact him and see what he says.

37 minutes ago, Rhyss said:

Here is where I saw it. Just googled the laptop and clicked the first link haha.

As for selling on eBay - you'll be fine. You're covered by Paypal and eBay. Take photos of the laptop before you ship it if you want to be extra careful and as someone mentioned above, make sure you ship it with tracking. Is the eBay user that bought the item established or is it a new account? As in is there any feedback for the buyers account? 

Ah, yeah like I said, I looked on amazon and eBay, thet usual price I saw was $1000 - $1100.

I know, i rejected the offer of one that made his account yesterday... so i didn't want to risk it. The user has been there since 2014 it says and has good reviews.