Assassins Creed Unity rant

Kenji the Uke

So I'm sure you all remember the travesty that was Unity. Well, I thought that maybe they had fixed it but the damage was too far gone. I couldnt really find information that is recent about it, so I figured noone even tried. Well, recently it was on a humble bundle for 15 and I was like, F**k it, I'll give it a shot, and made sure all the money went towards a tip and charity. None to ubisoft, just in case. Well guess what? ITS STILL BROKEN AF. HOW FOR A GAME THAT OLD, IS IT STILL BROKEN!? Cutscenes render at 10 fps at most, the hair freaks the f**k out and takes up the screen, people clip left and right. I feel offended as a gamer that a game that got that much bad publicity wasnt even fixed after all this time. A MAJOR COMPANY. Just wanted to put this out there. 3: Sorry. Still disappointed.

Moist

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

CAN YOU STILL FALL THROUGH THE FLOOR? :o

I havnt yet but I'm only like 10 minutes in

Moist

yea, beating the game was a PITA. and doing some of the collectibles were an even bigger pain. 

it's a polished turd. because it's a really nice looking game with some of the best open-world lighting 

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

yea, beating the game was a PITA. and doing some of the collectibles were an even bigger pain. 

it's a polished turd. because it's a really nice looking game with some of the best open-world lighting 

Yes but when a GTX 760 versus a console look the same, ITS HARD TO CONVINCE THAT ITS EVEN A TURD ;w;

Moist

Play Assassin's Creed Rogue if you don't mind spoiler

Spoiler

playing as a templar

It was created on the Assassin's creed IV (Black Flag) engine. its not much different than Black Flag other than a few minor combat and world changes , but it was pretty fun for me anyway. The biggest thing for me was not having to constantly use 2 swords :P

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

15 minutes ago, Kenji the Uke said:

HOW FOR A GAME THAT OLD, IS IT STILL BROKEN!?

It was pretty much ditched. 

Now, I'm not software developer, and definitely have no experience in such a huge team, but you can say "why is it just not fixed" all you want. For all I know, it could be a broken texture access routine, or something far more abstract. 

I mean, it seemed like such a game-breaking bug that Ubisoft couldn't find a reason to fund it's fix over finishing off another in-the-works project.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

15 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

CAN YOU STILL FALL THROUGH THE FLOOR? :o

didn't happen as much. though when you collect all the nostradamus enigmas, there's a final puzzle room you have to complete until you unlock the award. and to my unsurprise the room was bugged... kept falling through the floor when i climbed. but if i was fast enough i managed. 

and then there's the dead kings DLC.. unlocks a weapon that is too OP, it makes stealth redundant. plus it's hilarious to whack people with it

3 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

and then there's the dead kings DLC.. unlocks a weapon that is too OP, it makes stealth redundant. plus it's hilarious to whack people with it

The Eagle? lol

3 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

Guuuuuurl let's not rip on Ass Creed Blk Fag, that had the most replayability and most moving story (bc everyone died) of any Ass Creed game. Ships were gr8, sailing was fun, and the reason I have 100+ hrs in game sure as HECK isn't because Ubisoft figured out how to write a good story.

I thought black flag was fun too xD I have about 80+ hours and I still haven't beat the story because I love messing around in the open world. I just thought dual swords was weird at times when you were in full combat :P

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

The Eagle? lol 

and the rest of the guillotine guns. funny enough i still have the game installed just so i can play around with this weapon. 

It runs ok (not perfect) for me, its playable on decent settings

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Good thing this thread came up, I was just pondering on whether I should give it a chance, now that it's dirt cheap. Guess I won't be. Also, I found it funny how there are still bugs like disappearing carriages and warped animations in the free copy of Assassin's Creed III they were giving out last month.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, Kenji the Uke said:

Yes but when a GTX 760 versus a console look the same, ITS HARD TO CONVINCE THAT ITS EVEN A TURD ;w;

cut scenes mostly ran at 30fps for me...........

The game itself ran at around 40-50 fps. I never finished the game.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

And yet people (including you) bought it, fueling Ubisoft's idea that people will buy AC games regardless of how garbage they are and encouraging them to throw them out with bugs and issues to spare money.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I really like the game, the story is fine, there was a lot of adds that were nice, such as scaring people with your sword. I have it installed and I am still playing it (bought a cheap copy recently) I have no issues it runs on max settings (using TXAA though) just fine, however there are a few areas of Paris where there're too much NPC that my i7 6700 really sweats, it occasionally shows a 5~7 fps decrease but the game remains very smooth without those normal freezes from fps drops.

The game is visually beautiful, the mechanics however had many differences that did not please me such as removing the hidden blade from usable combat weapon, some in game bugs like npc all of sudden changing their outfit in random base xD I mean its a solid game if only Ubisoft wouldn't rush everything too much to collect as much cash as possible it could have been a certain blast.

I honestly think that Assassins Creed and Splinter Cell are Ubisoft's most solid titles.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I didnt have any of those issues with either my 290 on first play or even today on my gtx970.

Ultra with fxaa and it runs pretty decent.

Cutscenes are totally more demanding but they run at 30-40fps where the game runs 50-65fps.

I can even supersample 2880x1620 and maintain 30-35fps, however cutscenes are then 25fps ish.

But the game itself is fun, no bugs visually or anything Ive seen..

I quite like it. But yeah it does require some brute force hardware to run nicely.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Do you guys think it could be on my end then? The hair? 3: How would I fix it?

Moist

20 minutes ago, Kenji the Uke said:

Do you guys think it could be on my end then? The hair? 3: How would I fix it?

While your i5 is likely okay (this game still pushes them to 80-100% at times of extreme citizen density.

Your RAM... 1000mhz isnt great.

Memory performance does matter. But especially...esp..esp..in 90-100% workloads.

The 2gb vram you have is good for high but this game chews vram past that.

Go for 900p-1080p medium textures and low everything else with fxaa on.

The res drop would prob help the most.

Your pc subsystem bandwidth is likely not enough brute force power this game needs, while other games are likely running great, this does need Total system throughput to be fast to run best.

Other people with faster ram and identical cpus with only slightly faster gpus ran run it fine so i would say its your memory system holding you back for now.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

On 1/16/2017 at 2:57 AM, Crowes said:

It was pretty much ditched. 

Now, I'm not software developer, and definitely have no experience in such a huge team, but you can say "why is it just not fixed" all you want. For all I know, it could be a broken texture access routine, or something far more abstract. 

I mean, it seemed like such a game-breaking bug that Ubisoft couldn't find a reason to fund it's fix over finishing off another in-the-works project.

With a company like Ubisoft, they aren't known to go back to old projects and patch them up. They move on to the next thing. Unless they outsourced to an outside company for the PC port then I wouldn't hold my breath.