ACPI TABLES

Nipplemilk909
4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

so acpi is the hardware to software interface that lets you change things in hardware like sleep, and shutdown. 

Whats wrong?

FACS is from where to where tho?

18 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

so acpi is the hardware to software interface that lets you change things in hardware like sleep, and shutdown. 

Whats wrong?

Bump

18 hours ago, Nipplemilk909 said:

that table is the interface from the firmware to the OS

What are you trying to to? What is the problem?

18 hours ago, Nipplemilk909 said:

Its the Firmware ACPI Control Structure  (FACS).

Look through the ACPI spec PDF here: http://www.acpi.info/DOWNLOADS/ACPIspec30.pdf

A structure in read/write memory that the BIOS uses for handshaking between the firmware and the OS. The FACS is passed to an ACPI-compatible OS via the Fixed ACPI Description Table (FADT). The FACS contains the system’s hardware signature at last boot, the firmware waking vector, and the Global Lock.

Look through section 5.2.10 on page 106.

The BIOS or EFI creates that entry. Nothing useful for most people, unless you're debugging something.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

13 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

that table is the interface from the firmware to the OS

What are you trying to to? What is the problem?

I'm trying to completely wipe my HD and clean my pc, I have some suspicion something is still on my bios, trying to look for fisshy things, 

2 minutes ago, Nipplemilk909 said:

I'm trying to completely wipe my HD and clean my pc, I have some suspicion something is still on my bios, trying to look for fisshy things, 

there is no data on the bios or system, its all on the hdd. 

You can't change this, its read only firmware.

4 minutes ago, Nipplemilk909 said:

You could just reflash the BIOS. Download the BIOS from Dell's  support website and reflash.

Although, its highly unlikely, and you're  just being paranoid. 

Someone with that technical knowhow to install malware on system firmware, well, is hard to come by. Unless you upset Big Brother :ph34r:

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

1 minute ago, ionbasa said:

You could just reflash  the BIOS. Download the BIOS from Dell's  support website and reflash.

Although, its highly  unlikely, and you're  just being paranoid. 

Someone with that technical knowhow to install malware on system firmware, well, is hard to come by. Unless you upset Big Brother :ph34r:

Source: I do debugging on the side and reverse engineering.

2 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

You could just reflash  the BIOS. Download the BIOS from Dell's  support website and reflash.

Although, its highly  unlikely, and you're  just being paranoid. 

Source: I do debugging on the side and reverse engineering.

I proly have big bro on my ass lol