MSI B250 gaming M3 vs ASROCK B250 gaming K4 onboard audio

Hey,

I'm choosing between the onboard audio of two motherboards, the MSI B250 Gaming M3 and the ASROCK B250 Gaming K4. I really care about my audio quality but cannot afford to spend more cash on sound cards or external DAC/AMP. 

I will be using it for a lot of music listening and content creation. I don't mind the more expensive MSI Motherboard but don't know if I will get better audio. I will be using the Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphones.

LINKS:

MSI B250 Gaming M3 - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B250-GAMING-M3.html#productFeature-section

ASROCK B250 Gaming K4 - http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Fatal1ty B250 Gaming K4/index.asp#Overview

Your help is much appreciated:)

2 minutes ago, Andrew1995 said:

Hey,

I'm choosing between the onboard audio of two motherboards, the MSI B250 Gaming M3 and the ASROCK B250 Gaming K4. I really care about my audio quality but cannot afford to spend more cash on sound cards or external DAC/AMP. 

I will be using it for a lot of music listening and content creation. I don't mind the more expensive MSI Motherboard but don't know if I will get better audio. I will be using the Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphones.

LINKS:

MSI B250 Gaming M3 - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B250-GAMING-M3.html#productFeature-section

ASROCK B250 Gaming K4 - http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Fatal1ty B250 Gaming K4/index.asp#Overview

Your help is much appreciated:)

You can't hear the difference with that headset and honestly if you're going to go for professional audiophile sound , you might as well get an external DAC when you upgrade your headset

You don't need a dac or amp for m50x, they not really "good" headphone for the price, m40x is much better for the money. m50x is overrated, the comfort level is bad for me and it feels cheap for the price you are paying for them. As for the motherboard you won't hear any difference between these two board with that headphone anyways, much better off buying better headphone before you could hear the difference. 

Magical Pineapples

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Get the cheaper one, you won't notice the difference.

Especially when both are using the same Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

9 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

You don't need a dac or amp for m50x, they not really "good" headphone for the price, m40x is much better for the money. m50x is overrated, the comfort level is bad for me and it feels cheap for the price you are paying for them. As for the motherboard you won't hear any difference between these two board with that headphone anyways, much better off buying better headphone before you could hear the difference. 

That's basically what I just said ....

MSI is a good board i own one, the sound quality is awesome.

The geek himself.

B250 MSI sounds like a charm man, I own one so I know. Buy it.

The geek himself.

I have preference for the Asus ROG Strix B250

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

2 hours ago, Jiaweeeee said:

That's basically what I just said ....

Oh ok chill ... just because you posted before you me mean i copied you. 

Magical Pineapples