CPU running at 90°c

I recently rebuild my pc in a new case and the CPU idle temps went from 30° to 90°. I even bought a brand new kraken x61 to see if that would fix the problem and nothing. 

Specs:

- I7 4820k

- Asus x79-Deluxe

- 16gb corsair vengeance ddr3

- Asus gtx 970

- Corsair ax760i psu

- Kraken x61 with 2 noctua af-14 fans

- Phanteks Enthoo evolv case

All help is greatly appreciated

i7-7800x, 1080ti

Did you clean off the old thermal paste?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

is the pump "purring?" (put your finger on it, can you feel the pump?)

is the block mounted correctly?

Did you remove the protective sticker from the bottom of the water block if it had one?  I've seen that happen to people more than you'd believe.

I had similar problems with the previous generation processor the Intel Core i7-3820. When it was overclocked it ran extremely hot. I just put it on default clockspeeds to solve the problem.

Alright so you guys are not going to believe this. The pump wasn't running because i had it connected to a chassis fan header and the header was turned to 0 due to ai suite. Thanks for the all the support though, this community is great

i7-7800x, 1080ti